Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «24/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Aug 14, 2017
Can anyone with has both AMD and Nvidia compare please, if there are some shadows from the clouds, that don't work with Mesa? I don't have an Nvidia card, but from the videos above, it looks like there might be a bug.
Shmerl Aug 14, 2017
Grr. Looks like freezes still happen after all. But at least not in that area like before.
malek69 Aug 14, 2017
wine-master
./patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-master" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-1DTextures

The dark earth is still here.
Shmerl Aug 14, 2017
You didn't apply the dark earth patch.
malek69 Aug 20, 2017
wine 2.15 + dark earth patch +
./patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-2.15" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-1DTextures
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Aug 20, 2017
Quoting: malek69./patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-2.15" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-1DTextures

That doesn't look right. For Nvidia blob, it should be:

./patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$wine_src ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless xaudio2-get_al_format
malek69 Aug 20, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlThat doesn't look right. For Nvidia blob, it should be:

./patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$wine_src ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless xaudio2-get_al_format
/patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-2.15" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless xaudio2-get_al_format

View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Aug 20, 2017
Quoting: malek69/patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-2.15" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless xaudio2-get_al_format

Better. Your sound is also normal now.
Arehandoro Aug 25, 2017
With staging 2.15, without adding any patch, all works fine but the dark ground. Except hairworks, Settings in Ultra (i5, 970gtx, 16GB Ram) and during the beginning of the game is abouve 30fps. I don't have time to start the game now but I can say I'm more than ready once that free time comes :D
Shmerl Aug 25, 2017
Quoting: ArehandoroWith staging 2.15, without adding any patch, all works fine but the dark ground.

That's expected, as was said several times, dark ground fix is not included in staging patches.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.