Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «6/178»
  Go to:
malek69 Jun 13, 2017
All max or uber, nvidia hair off 8(fps), all off, min 15 fps,
csmt, glsl, multisampling on + __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=0
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Jun 13, 2017
@malek69: I suppose for GTX 750 TI it's not a lot worse than how it would work on Windows?
Shmerl Jun 13, 2017
Quoting: CAPTNCAPSSo I tried with AMDGPU-PRO on 4.8.4-Arch Kernel.
And the performance is about the same (no GALLIUM_HUD, but it doesn't feel any different)
But with AMDGPU-PRO, Gerald glows in the dark and his world turns into a Wasteland xD

Haha, that wasteland landscape looks fitting :) Good to see that Mesa is actually now ahead in features and standard conformance. I expected that.
Avehicle7887 Jun 13, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl@malek69: I suppose for GTX 750 TI it's not a lot worse than how it would work on Windows?

It works much better on Windows, very much playable at 40-45fps with an i3-2120 and 650Ti (friend uses this setup).
Shmerl Jun 13, 2017
Quoting: Avehicle7887It works much better on Windows, very much playable at 40-45fps with an i3-2120 and 650Ti (friend uses this setup).

OK, good to know. But I wouldn't expect it to work well on Linux. With Wine you need some extra margin in performance, when games are so demanding to begin with.
malek69 Jun 14, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl@malek69: I suppose for GTX 750 TI it's not a lot worse than how it would work on Windows?
Windows 10 all Uber/on(nvidia hair off) 22-23 fps
Avehicle7887 Jun 14, 2017
Quoting: malek69
t r
Windows 10 all Uber/on(nvidia hair off) 22-23 fps

Interesting, I'll give it a try tonight to see how it performs with a GTX1060. If I can get at least a constant 35+ fps, I might even start playing it.
wojtek88 Jun 14, 2017
Witcher 3 is almost perfect in my opinion. What's more, Witcher 3 in Wine starts to look very good. There are some black artifacts on area + water does not look perfect, but still, if someone did not play this game and already has it in library (as a gift, or bought it for some reasons) than I strongly recommend to give it a try.
Cmdr_Iras Jun 14, 2017
Looks very promising - I think I will give it a few more Wine iterations before I try it out myself. Mostly because I have a stupid backlog of games as it is, without adding 100+ hours of Witcher playing to it!
Arehandoro Jun 14, 2017
Had promised to myself I was going to finish The Witcher 1 and 2 in order to port save games before Wine caught up on me to play The Witcher 3. It seems I will have to give up on that haha!

Amazing what the Wine team is achieving and how fast they're doing it!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.