You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «84/178»
  Go to:
sebish Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: maspeber@sebish: I resolved the black screen with wine-staging-2.21 and dxvk 0.31 with RADV_DEBUG=nohiz

wine-stating is out of date. In the Git, the Requirements is wine-vulkan. It's doesn't work with Witcher 3 ?
The vulkan SDK "cube.exe" works well.
How to know if the pb comes from dxvk or witcher 3?
Are there any dll required in wine for "witcher 3?

QuoteRADV_DEBUG=nohiz
it's for AMD GPU, no ?
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: maspeberHad no luck with wine-vulkan. Downloaded latest, compiled as usually, created clean win64-prefix, installed vulk-sdk-1.0.51, created jasonfile, added the two regkeys and get while try to run cube.exe (32/64):

How exactly did you enable dxvk itself? Please describe your steps. You should have been running setup_dxvk.sh script.
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: sebish- Compile dxdk 0.31- WINEPREFIX="$HOME/DXVK" bash setup_dxvk.sh

This is already wrong. During that step, setup_dxvk.sh picks up incorrect Wine.

Let's say you install Wine with vulkan support in /opt/wine-vulkan, and the game in /opt/games/wine/prefixes/witcher3 and dxvk in /opt/games/wine/dxvk

That's what you need to do (the prefix location must be writeable obviously):

export wine_bin="wine64"
export WINEPREFIX="/opt/games/wine/prefixes/witcher3"
export WINEVERPATH="/opt/wine-vulkan"

export WINESERVER=${WINEVERPATH}/bin/wineserver
export WINELOADER=${WINEVERPATH}/bin/${wine_bin}
export WINEDLLPATH=${WINEVERPATH}/lib/wine/fakedlls
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${WINEVERPATH}/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
export PATH=${WINEVERPATH}/bin:$PATH 

/opt/games/wine/dxvk/bin/setup_dxvk.sh

That would ensure the correct Wine is run during setup with the correct prefix.

I think, setup_dxvk.sh really should take more parameters, specifically prefix location, and wine location explicitly, or fail if WINEPREFIX and WINEVERPATH are not defined.
sebish Mar 16, 2018
I compile wine-vulkan in the default directory : /usr/local
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/lib/fakedlls

my WINEPREFIX is in /home/$user/Playonlinux/witcher3

I test your script this evening, thanks.
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Don't place Wine in such location, it will clash with system Wine potentially, depending on your PATH and it's also confusing to reference from scripts. It's cleaner to put it in dedicated place like above.
sebish Mar 16, 2018
Ok, I recompile on /opt/wine-vulkan
For delete the old compilation on /usr/local, a rm is enough ?
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: sebishOk, I recompile on /opt/wine-vulkan
For delete the old compilation on /usr/local, a rm is enough ?

Sure, just don't delete whatever else was there by mistake. Another reason to keep wine separate :)
maspeber Mar 16, 2018
I did exactly the same like with wine-staging and dxvk the same:

git clone
created dirs for 32 and 64 bit build
cd 64build dir
../wine-vulkan/configure --prefix="/opt/wine-vulkan" --libdir="/opt/wine-vulkan/lib" --with-x --with-gstreamer --enable-win64 CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
make
cd 32build dir
../wine-vulkan/configure --prefix="/opt/wine-vulkan" --libdir="/opt/wine-vulkan/lib32" --with-x --with-wine64="../wine64-build" CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
make
sudo make install
cd 32build dir
sudo make install

WINEPREFIX="~/.wine-vulkan" WINEARCH=win64 /opt/wine-vulkan/bin/wine64 wineboot

Just tried your script with the ENV Vars - but its the same. With wine-staging all worked with no problems.
make json file like described at wine vulkan in clean wineprefix drive_c
make dxvk.reg with REGEDIT4 and both keys

WINEPREFIX="~/.wine-vulkan" /opt/wine-vulkan/bin/wine regedit
imported dxvk.reg with message successful

cd to /dxvk
WINEPREFIX="~/.wine-vulkan" bash setup_dxvk.sh

than tried TW3 and cube.exe with no success
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
@maspeber: You are still missing the key part, setting WINEVERPATH and related variables when running setup_dxvk.sh (or running anything else too). Read carefully the steps I list above. At least you don't list that you used them.

You can't simply run wine binary without setting needed environment properly. WINEPREFIX alone is not enough.

Problems happen when wine is mixed up about its env, and configures prefix incorrectly. Once you make sure wine configures prefix against wine-vulkan precisely, then it will all fall in place.
maspeber Mar 16, 2018
just treid it with your script - the same. will try it again with a clean install - give me 15 mins :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.