Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «169/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Aug 14, 2020
That's a very wide screen :)
Dunc Aug 14, 2020
Quoting: slaapliedjeNot far into the game, decided to play through Witcher 2 first
I've been intending to play through the entire trilogy since I bought TW3 more than a year and a half ago. But it would probably take that long...

Quoting: ShmerlThat's a very wide screen :)
I worked out that it's literally 2.5 times wider than my antiquated 5:4 screen. All I'm thinking right now is how good it would be for driving games. Wanna swap, slaapliedje?
Avehicle7887 Aug 14, 2020
Quoting: Dunc
Quoting: slaapliedjeNot far into the game, decided to play through Witcher 2 first
I've been intending to play through the entire trilogy since I bought TW3 more than a year and a half ago. But it would probably take that long...

I worked out that it's literally 2.5 times wider than my antiquated 5:4 screen. All I'm thinking right now is how good it would be for driving games. Wanna swap, slaapliedje?

This is how Racer Driver - GRID looks in ultrawide :)

slaapliedje Aug 15, 2020
Quoting: Dunc

Ha. I got a killer deal on it actually. Was 760 (+55 in tax) with free shipping straight from Lenovo (model is ThinkVision P44w-10).

Definitely a sweet monitor. Though you can't really beat driving games in VR...
Shmerl Aug 16, 2020
If anyone wonders where to get 25 extra tracks for TW3 OST that are missing on GOG, I found them (DRM-free FLAC) on Tidal:

https://store.tidal.com/us/album/83256996
Shmerl Aug 17, 2020
Going through the soundtrack. Some really good compositions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16HAnmB7ISE
Linuxwarper Aug 20, 2020
I have been avoiding the OSTs so that when I get back into the game I experience them within the Witcher world. Have you tried VkBasalt for Witcher @Shmerl?
Shmerl Aug 20, 2020
Quoting: LinuxwarperI have been avoiding the OSTs so that when I get back into the game I experience them within the Witcher world.

I was also avoiding the soundtrack until I finished all expansions. But now I'm going through it, and it's great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U9gVpMHhiA

Quoting: LinuxwarperHave you tried VkBasalt for Witcher @Shmerl?

No, I haven't tried vkBasalt, the game really looks amazing as is. Does it improve the graphics look?

Last edited by Shmerl on 20 August 2020 at 2:58 pm UTC
Linuxwarper Aug 20, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlNo, I haven't tried vkBasalt, the game really looks amazing as is. Does it improve the graphics look?
Not yet but I will eventually. From what I could tell from the video by Mango it seems to make a difference.
vindicivuoto Aug 21, 2020
On the subject of the OST, Forefathers' Eve is an excellent track that's also very easy to miss.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.