Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «85/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Try setting all the variables, and then simply run:

wine regedit

It should configure your prefix if it was messed up. Do it once with other wine version, and then with wine-vulkan to make sure this step takes place.

And by the way - wine-vulkan is not needed anymore. You can use wine-master now.
hilpara Mar 16, 2018
I didn't have to set wine version when using setup_dxvk.sh. I just set the WINEPREFIX and run the script.
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: hilparaI didn't have to set wine version when using setup_dxvk.sh. I just set the WINEPREFIX and run the script.

That probably just got lucky. I was bitten by exact same problem as above. And if you analyze the script - it doesn't set the environment, pulling whatever wine is in the path.
hilpara Mar 16, 2018
Then I have been lucky multiple times with different games :)
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: hilparaThen I have been lucky multiple times with different games :)

That depends on your wine setup / location / path, and presence of multiple wines in the system, not on your prefixes. In my setup - it didn't work, until I set all the variables properly.

I'll probably write a patch for setup_dxvk.sh to address this.
hilpara Mar 16, 2018
Why should it even matter which version you have? It will copy and symlink the dlls and then it will set the libraries to be native overridden. Next time you launch the game with different wine version it will configure your prefix again but the override stays and so will the symlinks.
maspeber Mar 16, 2018
No luck shmerl. with wine-staging i did it like hilpara. now i ran your script (all envs set correct) and installed sdk 1.1.70 - nothing. new wineprefix - sdk 1.0.51 no luck. everytime the error with cube.exe i tried for test only wine-vulkan without dxvk and cant start it
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: hilparaWhy should it even matter which version you have?

Because it can set wine version incorrectly, and subsequent run doesn't always detect it. So essentially the key part is to have correct wine version set in the prefix (which also creates all the needed dlls there).
Shmerl Mar 16, 2018
Quoting: maspeberNo luck shmerl. with wine-staging i did it like hilpara. now i ran your script (all envs set correct) and installed sdk 1.1.70 - nothing. new wineprefix - sdk 1.0.51 no luck.

I'm using latest SDK - 1.1.70.1 and running it with Wine master and Mesa master. Though I doubt it's an issue.
maspeber Mar 16, 2018
ok what git do you exactly clone?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.