Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «88/178»
  Go to:
Pependos Mar 17, 2018
Can someone post a step-by-step instructions with the correct way to compile everything to get this wine-3.4 work with dxvk? Please :)
Shmerl Mar 18, 2018
Quoting: andda715Hierarch Square: 80-90FPS with intermittent drops when (?) shaders are being compiled or similar?
Rest: 85-100FPS with again drops to ~10, ~30 or ~60 for a split second when something new arrives on the screen. Lower the more new stuff that arrives.

How much VRAM do you have? I suspect more VRAM helps tremendously when direct-image-mapping is used.
Shmerl Mar 18, 2018
Quoting: PependosCan someone post a step-by-step instructions with the correct way to compile everything to get this wine-3.4 work with dxvk? Please :)

You want wine compilation instructions, or dxvk compilation instructions? If you don't feel like it - there is no need to compile wine. Wine 3.4 should already work with dxvk.

Installation can be messy, but look higher in this thread, it was already addressed. Don't forget to install Vulkan SDK into the prefix.
Shmerl Mar 18, 2018
FYI: direct image mapping branch isn't needed anymore. Use regular dxvk master.
Shmerl Mar 18, 2018
Looks like I missed that, but Sapphire released Pulse version of their AMD Vega 56. It's not such a monster as their Nitro (requires just 2 8-pin power connectors rather than 3). It sounds like a great card, especially with 8GB VRAM to beef up dxvk performance, but that pricing...
andda715 Mar 18, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: andda715Hierarch Square: 80-90FPS with intermittent drops when (?) shaders are being compiled or similar?
Rest: 85-100FPS with again drops to ~10, ~30 or ~60 for a split second when something new arrives on the screen. Lower the more new stuff that arrives.

How much VRAM do you have? I suspect more VRAM helps tremendously when direct-image-mapping is used.

MSI GTX 1080 with 8GB of VRAM.
80-85 on HS is within ~80% of Windows performance => awesome. :-)
On W Novigrad is generally between 95 and 130.
andda715 Mar 18, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlLooks like I missed that, but Sapphire released Pulse version of their AMD Vega 56. It's not such a monster as their Nitro (requires just 2 8-pin power connectors rather than 3). It sounds like a great card, especially with 8GB VRAM to beef up dxvk performance, but that pricing...

Graphics card pricing is a joke at the moment, similar story with DDR4 memory. :-(
Was very interested in buying a Vega 56 myself as well, looks like a great card!
Was a bit worried at buying at release though as the first batches, of any high-end silicon-based HW, generally have a lot of more issues than later batches. Not an issue now of course, unless the stores tries to resell early versions.

Bought my 1080 for ~€520 roughly half a year ago and was a bit angry that it was so much more expensive than the cheapest 1080s (€50-100 or so) but I wanted an MSI card (happy with them previously). Now? The same card goes for €740+ (the few hours per month in it is in stock and not sold out). :-/
sebish Mar 18, 2018
Hi

I install wine3.4 from debian : deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ buster main

I install VulkanSDK-1.0.51.0-Installer.exe ,copy winevulkan.json and add the reg key in the 64Bit wineprefix.

The cube don't work and i have this error

Failed to open dynamic library "c:\windows\system32\winevulkan.dll" with error 1114 Cannot create Vulkan instance.
C:\Users\david\.jenkins\workspace\LoaderAndValidationLayers\demos\vulkaninfo.c:671: failed with VK_ERROR_INCOM
PATIBLE_DRIVER

I delete all other version of wine.

help please/
Shmerl Mar 18, 2018
Quoting: sebishThe cube don't work and i have this error

How did you add the registry entry? Do you actually have winevulkan.dll in the location you list above?

Also, if you are using Nvidia, make sure to pull the latest driver (and you can use latest Vulkan SDK too).
sebish Mar 18, 2018
I have the nvidia driver 390.42 install from debian depot and this :
nvidia-vulkan-commonn
nvidia-vulkan-icd
nvidia-vulkan-icd:i386

The c:\windows\system32\winevulkan.dll exist. I add the reg key via wine regedit.exe.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.