Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «152/178»
  Go to:
Pangaea Feb 16, 2020
Suppose people haven't seen Geralt like this before?

Shmerl Feb 16, 2020
Hm, I didn't use the barber yet, so no :)
Pangaea Feb 16, 2020
It's not the barber. As can be seen from the screenshot, I was using Witcher senses. Geralt still moves about a little, moving his head and such, and suddenly I noticed that he got bald (ish). When he turned his head, I also saw his beard was missing.

It's probably the "base" model, without the added hair and beard. Found it quite amusing. You can also see that his neck is kinda cut off, so something weird has happened due to the zoomed in camera view I think.

(Don't think we can cut him that short with the barber either, but I've never used them so don't recall all the options).

Edit: While I was doing this with Witcher senses, his hair and beard would magically "pop" back into place, depending on the camera position. Then vanish again.

Last edited by Pangaea on 16 February 2020 at 6:49 pm UTC
Shmerl Feb 16, 2020
Is it caused by the mod you are using?
Pangaea Feb 16, 2020
Probably not, as none of the mods affect appearance. Haven't noticed it before so maybe it was an outlier. But then I don't exactly spend much time with Witcher senses like that either, so who knows, heh. Found it a bit amusing, seeing Geralt like that, so wanted to post about it here.

Pretty sure that must be the base model for Geralt, and then the hair and suchlike is added on top, depending on what haircut people use. People able to look at the files would know more (not that it mattes much).

As an aside, I do hope CDPR will release better modding tools for Cyberpunk. It's not happening for TW3 now ofc, but it would have been so cool to be able to add quests, characters, maybe even new locations. With better modding tools, maybe that can be done in Cyberpunk. Time will tell :shrug:
Pangaea Feb 17, 2020
Hmm. Geralt in a bit of a tricky spot against a couple of nekker warriors... (110).

Shmerl Feb 18, 2020
Is this a mod?
Pangaea Feb 18, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlIs this a mod?
No. I merely used the console to spawn some enemies to try to figure out exactly what is what. Then tried to spawn quite a few nekker warriors, and it looked kinda cool. Surprised how well it ran too. That's a lot of dudes in one screen.

Harder to figure out of items, because a great deal of them have generic names, like "light armor 1_crafted". Ingredients and monsters are for the most part sensibly named.

Am just fiddling about with the script I mentioned elsewhere, and it has been fun to delve into it a bit more, and learn how bash works. I was thinking to have an associative array for all items (translate game ID to wiki page), so we could get info on e.g. what items can be disassembled to steel ingot and whatnot.

Perhaps it could be useful, especially about monster parts *shrug* :-/
Mohandevir Feb 18, 2020
Just in the middle of another run... I'm at the "Ugly baby" quest and just realized there was missing textures in many caracters. In this quest, I'm able to see throught Eskel's armor's sleeves... I tried Proton 5.0.2, 4.11.12 and 4.2.9. Same results. 5.0.2 seem to have a regression that crashes the game on some occasion (loading loop). Proton or Nvidia 440.59 driver problem?
Mohandevir Feb 18, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirJust in the middle of another run... I'm at the "Ugly baby" quest and just realized there was missing textures in many caracters. In this quest, I'm able to see through Eskel's armor's sleeves... I tried Proton 5.0.2, 4.11.12 and 4.2.9. Same results. 5.0.2 seem to have a regression that crashes the game on some occasion (loading loop). Proton or Nvidia 440.59 driver problem?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.