Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
[can't do] How about adding a non-English section
manero666 May 29, 2017
Hey I was thinking it would be cool to have a non-English section where anyone who has problems with English can find help and express himself/herself clearer.
I think a section in "Misc." called "Non-English Forum" or something like that would be enough, even if there will be many different languages everyone will find its own thread and it'll also be very interesting to see them.

Cheers :)
tuubi May 29, 2017
Quoting: manero666I think a section in "Misc." called "Non-English Forum" or something like that would be enough, even if there will be many different languages everyone will find its own thread and it'll also be very interesting to see them.
This makes sense, but moderation could be a problem.
Samsai May 29, 2017
Yup, I don't think this will happen due to moderation difficulties. If people got angry in the non-English forum we wouldn't be able to respond in real time and I imagine lots of Google Translate would have to take place to figure out what is happening. I'm just not comfortable with having a place that can turn into an absolute cesspit without us even realizing it.
ziabice May 29, 2017
I agree with manero666 and I offer to moderate the Italian forum, but only if I'm not alone doing it
Samsai May 29, 2017
That raises the issue of us either having to rework the moderation system so that certain moderators can only moderate specific aspects of the website or risking giving more or less random people moderating powers across the website. The editorial/moderation team at this moment is fairly small and we'd probably have to nearly double the amount of active moderators to cover the common languages (Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian etc) unless we found language wizards that excel at multiple languages.
Liam Dawe May 29, 2017
Sorry not gonna happen for the reasons Samsai mentioned.

It would be impossible to moderate properly. Even if people volunteered to moderate it I have no garuntee they will actually do it correctly.
Colombo May 29, 2017
Another problem is that this is taking from main forum. Its better when people try to speak in broken English than when they create these self-contained communities.
whizse Nov 22, 2020
Dochmey lutu'lu'
Liam Dawe Nov 22, 2020
This is from 2017 which we already said we can't do. Closing.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.