Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Petition for RIOT Games to support League of Legends Linux client
Kallestofeles May 29, 2017
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen of the awesome GOL community!

In our darkest times, we turn to our most desperate measures in order to survive in this harsh world... umm, no, actually, cut that, that's no good...

*Ahem*
Despite the last petition to RIOT games (3 yrs ago) getting rejected, we must push on. Thanks to MaCroX95, Sterky and me in the tank, we have compiled a response to RIOT's old arguments on the topic why they won't bring their League of Legends client to Linux - and thus would humbly request for your assistance in this endeavor. Below you shall find the Change.org petition which we have created and are hoping to reach even greater numbers upon than last time... score to beat is 4047 signatures! Let's make it happen!
https://www.change.org/p/riot-games-petition-for-riot-games-to-support-league-of-legends-linux-client

Spread the word if you will and my humble virtual gratitude shall be yours!

Yours failfully,
Kallestofeles
GustyGhost May 29, 2017
I only played LoL some years ago and I hate MOBAs but I will support this effort every step of the way because of the significance of a big name like League of Legends.
MaCroX95 May 30, 2017
Quoting: AnxiousInfusionI only played LoL some years ago and I hate MOBAs but I will support this effort every step of the way because of the significance of a big name like League of Legends.

I completely agree :) I'm not a biggest LoL fan, but I must admit that sometimes I play it with my friends and we have a lot of fun, it's them who can make the game interesting and unfortunately all who are not pro gamers prefer LoL over Dota because of easier entry-level skills.

We just need to show Riot that what they mentioned in that debate as reasons for bringing LoL to linux is a bad business move and disprove it, there are TONS of positives for them supporting linux. And it is a win-win situation because we on the other hand would benefit greatly from such a huge franchise.
absolute Jan 20, 2018
I'm playing in League of Legends for 2 years, I really enjoy this game, cos I have such account http://gamestore.live/lol-accounts/unranked
Julius Jan 21, 2018
Luckily that piece of F2P gambling software from a more than creepy company (Tencent... look it up, they are a big player in all sorts of oppressive stuff going on in China) doesn't run on Linux :p
tonR Jan 21, 2018
I'm appreciated with what y'all doing (the petition), but I can't and won't help this petition because no thanks to Garena (hold LoL's publishing right in SEA). They're bunch of "unreasonable" people, that's all I can say without cursing.

I'm free from Garena years ago and I never went back.

Little bit add up:

Quoting: Julius(Tencent... look it up, they are a big player in all sorts of oppressive stuff going on in China) doesn't run on Linux :p
Tencent have backing up Garena (some share/agreement or something I don't know much details). Yep :S:
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.