Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
[Fixed, needs testing] Dying Light refuses to launch
Page: «14/16»
  Go to:
x_wing Oct 6, 2018
Quoting: GuestIs there a way the developer Techland can fix this by default? Maybe we should inform them about this.

As somebody else mentioned in the thread, we should report problems here: http://dyinglight.support.techland.pl/en/support/solutions/articles/15000009911--ubuntu-steamos-variables-with-hardinfo-and-crash-logs

Anyway, I just send a message with our findings. Hope they can make a fix for this.
rogerwlusk Oct 7, 2018
Alright, here my fix...

My system is a ryzen 5 2600x, 16GB ram, with a amd r9 fury, using the amdgpu all open driver(which provides mesa 18.1.0-rc4) provided on their website here. USE THE ALL OPEN VARIANT as the Pro driver performs poorly, 30fps vs 70fps plus. You will still need to use the steam properties argument "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 %command%" as it will crash without it.
Bronx Oct 31, 2018
Hey so I found placing the libGL.so.1 directly into the Dying Light folder makes it so you don't need LD_PRELOAD or any Launch options (w/ Mesa 18.2+) which also gave me back the Steam Overlay as the overlay wasn't working using that Launch option. I also went and grabbed libGL.so.1 directly from the SteamOS Repo but I have no idea which version would actually be the best, just seems as long as it's libGL.so.1.2.0. I tested the libgl1-mesa-glx .deb directly from Ubuntu 14.04 (Dying Lights System Requirements) and that one works as well.

Here's a copy & paste code to download the libgl1-mesa-glx .deb file from the SteamOS Repo, extract and move libGL.so.1.2.0 to the default Steam install (~home steamapps) folder for Dying Light as libGL.so.1 and then remove the folder created by the extract and the downloaded .deb file.

wget http://repo.steampowered.com/steamos/pool/main/m/mesa/libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb
dpkg-deb -R libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64
mv libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2.0 ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Dying\ Light/libGL.so.1
rm -R libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64 libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb

This works from a fresh install of Dying Light on Ubuntu 18.10 with no Launch options or PPA using Mesa 18.2.2.
I've found performance to be pretty much on par with Windows from what I recall and I tested for about an hour with no issues.
RX 580 with only the open source Mesa driver installed, no AMDGPU software. Ryzen 2600X with nothing added to Ubuntu 18.10.

Maybe all Techland would have to do is include the required version of libGL.so.1 as they already include several other .so files inside the Dying Light install folder.
devland Oct 31, 2018
Does the above fix work on Manjaro and other distros?

The GOG Windows build works in wine_staging+dxvk at 75 fps on a 75 Hz monitor with vsync. :)

I have the RX 580, Ryzen 1700 and latest mesa drivers from the Manjaro repos.
matou68 Oct 31, 2018
The Bronx workaround works fine. The performance is good here with Ubuntu 18.10 /RX480 LLVM7/Mesa 18.2.2
Bronx Oct 31, 2018
Hi sorry, here's the copypasta that should be cross distro.
I just replaced dkpg-deb with ar and tar commands, please correct me if there's a better way.
-Oh yeah and if you don't have wget installed you can just download the .deb with your browser and run the rest of the commands from the Downloads folder where the .deb is located.

wget http://repo.steampowered.com/steamos/pool/main/m/mesa/libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb
ar x libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb data.tar.xz
mkdir libgl1-mesa-glx
tar -xf data.tar.xz -C libgl1-mesa-glx
mv libgl1-mesa-glx/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.2.0 ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Dying\ Light/libGL.so.1
rm -R libgl1-mesa-glx data.tar.xz libgl1-mesa-glx_13.0.2-3+bsos1_amd64.deb

Be to sure to alter the mv command (5th line) to point to your steamapps/common/Dying Light location if it's different from the default (~home/steam).

libGL.so.1.2.0 only fixes the "Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault)" crash after the first loading bar.
~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Dying Light/DW/out/logs/crash*.log
You'll still need the Mesa GL Version Override Launch option if you're not running Mesa 18.2+.
devland Nov 1, 2018
Thanks for this. I'll make sure to test it tonight and get back with feedback. It would be great if we could run the game natively with decent performance. :)

Later edit: Yup. It works. :D
benjusmaximus Nov 2, 2018
I simplified the process and uploaded the specific file you need so all people have to do it's just extract this file into the dying light folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WC9pDLgY-pC8M9c8Pl8ft-6dx1PBfk7m
Lolo01 Jan 13, 2019
Quoting: benjusmaximusI simplified the process and uploaded the specific file you need so all people have to do it's just extract this file into the dying light folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WC9pDLgY-pC8M9c8Pl8ft-6dx1PBfk7m

Thanks !
storma Jan 19, 2019
This fix works on Arch! Cheers.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.