Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
[Fixed, needs testing] Dying Light refuses to launch
Page: «15/16»
  Go to:
Zuul Jan 21, 2019
Quoting: GuestDying Light works without problem on Linux through Steam Play.
How do you start it through Steam Play?

edit: jfc...nevermind. Somehow I wasn't in the steam beta :/
apprentix Jan 29, 2019
The Bronx workaround works for Dead Island Definitive Edition as well.

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Radeon RX Vega 56
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5
LLVM 7.0.0
Mesa 18.2.8
mylka Feb 18, 2019
also works for me on DIDE
i have DIDE riptide installed with proton

both games use the same engine. performance seems also the same, native and proton
only thing i noticed is, that the GPU fan spins around 2700rpm on native and 2100rpm on proton
cement_head Mar 25, 2019
Hi,

This fix does not work for me, using 18.04 LTS Intel i7 8565U and the Intel HD Graphics (3x8 Whisky Lake GT2). It just hangs the entire X11 environment and requires a hard reset. If I remove the file suggested by @Bronx, DY crashes as soon a the white progress bar completes. I am using the X-SWAT PPA and the <MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 %command%> in the "Set Game Launch Options"

I've filed a ticket and sent them all the relevant files.

/CH

------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I fixed it. I downloaded and compiled this shim: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=107990#c8
Also, is an explanation why the MESA causes the game to fail on launch.
skyrrd Mar 25, 2019
Interesting, how is the performance on your igpu?
Zelox Aug 20, 2019
Quoting: benjusmaximusI simplified the process and uploaded the specific file you need so all people have to do it's just extract this file into the dying light folder.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WC9pDLgY-pC8M9c8Pl8ft-6dx1PBfk7m

Old thread I know but still wanna thank you for this :D.
Works on arch like a charm :D
GloriousEggroll Jul 18, 2020
For anyone wondering, this is still relevant and still required on Fedora 32:

Quoting: MushufazaWe have hope :D, our dear Techland, I hear my pleas :3, thanks to Techland for the management <3!

Techland
Dear Daniel Monaga,

Dying Light uses lspci to detect your video card (at least when running on mesa). Since on most distributions this binary is located in /usr/sbin/, the game cannot find it, reports no video memory and crashes.
Try creating a symlink "ln -s /usr/sbin/lspci /usr/bin/lspci" and start the game, please.

Best Regards
--------------------------------------
Technical Support Team

Thank you for contacting Techland Technical Support.
We will do our best to provide you with an answer as soon as possible. In particularly complex cases, the maximum response time may be up to 2 business days from the receipt of your email with all the details.

Me
Dear Techland, on ubuntu lspci comes by default in "/usr/bin/", just in case I returned to install "pciutils" who brings lspci, but it is still closing does not pass the black loading screen,
 please I would appreciate it if you try in a clean installation of ubuntu 18.04 with oibaf ppa. please read this https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2766/post_id=16370

Attentive to your comments, Daniel Monaga.

Techland
Dear Daniel Monaga,

Thank you for your feedback - it has been forwarded to the dev team for further investigation. As soon as we have more information about the issue and potential solutions, we will let you know. It is also possible that upcoming patches will address the issue you have been experiencing. Lastly, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards
--------------------------------------
Technical Support Team

Thank you for contacting Techland Technical Support.
We will do our best to provide you with an answer as soon as possible. In particularly complex cases, the maximum response time may be up to 2 business days from the receipt of your email with all the details.

please help the investigation by reporting the steps requested, be cordial in your message, http://dyinglight.support.techland.pl/en/support/solutions/articles/15000009911--ubuntu-steamos-variables-with-hardinfo-and-crash-logs

No other changes are necessary. libglvnd is no longer an issue.

Last edited by GloriousEggroll on 18 July 2020 at 12:37 am UTC
sarlej Aug 14, 2020
I have problem running game in Ubuntu 20.04. After launch, i ended with black screen with white bar at bottom.
Solution posted here before, didn't work for me.
Does anyone play the game in new ubuntu?
Liam Dawe Aug 14, 2020
Quoting: sarlejI have problem running game in Ubuntu 20.04. After launch, i ended with black screen with white bar at bottom.
Solution posted here before, didn't work for me.
Does anyone play the game in new ubuntu?
Hi, enable the Steam Linux Runtime container, it should fix it. Right click -> Properties, at the bottom tick the box for Steam Play and select Steam Linux Runtime. It keeps the official Linux build but uses the newer container system, which prevents dependency issues.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.