Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Steam-BigPicture mode
De1m0s Jul 27, 2017
Is there any workaround, to get the bigPicture mode in steam via wine to work?
If i start it, i get a black screen with nothing. Tried at last wine staging 2.12 in PlayOnLinux.
flipper Jul 27, 2017
What worked for me in the past was importing the little game script as explained here: http://linuxgamenews.com/post/41303782377/adding-non-linux-games-to-the-steam-linux-client
into Steam on linux and I was able to play and configure my steamcontroller in Big Picture mode.
De1m0s Jul 28, 2017
This describes the steps to add non-steam-games to the steam-library. This is not, what i want to do.
It´s already added there.
Problem is, in native-steam is no big-picture-mode available, and in wined-steam clicking on "big picture mode" gives me a black-screen.
ardorhb Jul 28, 2017
Quoting: De1m0s[...]
Problem is, in native-steam is no big-picture-mode available, and in wined-steam clicking on "big picture mode" gives me a black-screen.

What do you mean with that? Steam on Linux has an big-picture-mode.

Apart from that: Try this, it's a solution for CrossOver but maybe it's the same on plain Wine.
JimDeadlock Jun 5, 2018
@De1m0s did you ever find a solution for this?
De1m0s Jun 7, 2018
Did not used it since that time; but i guess there were 1 or 2 steam-updates in the meantime.
But no, i did not really found a solution for that.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.