You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 1970s Season
Page: «3/5»
  Go to:
Ehvis Aug 20, 2017
I'll join again for a season without four wheeled death traps.
tuubi Aug 20, 2017
Quoting: EhvisI'll join again for a season without four wheeled death traps.
Just drive like you've got nitroglycerin in your glove compartment (keep your speed in check and be gentle on the throttle) but hungry hellbeasts on your tail. And make sure you're wide awake when you play. Unless you're on dry asphalt, you throw your car sideways into every bend and then fight the laws of physics until you hopefully emerge victorious on the other side.

These RWD beasties are hard to keep pointing in the right direction, but on the other hand when you half-accidentally manage to throw that car around a corner in a perfect power slide, you feel like an absolute champion. That feeling is worth a fiery death or three IMHO. Wouldn't dare try this IRL of course.
Xpander Aug 21, 2017
Hope i can make it this week. Finland is my favorite to drive in this game, but i have some issue with the game. It doesnt start anymore, no idea what happened.. i sent a report to feral also ofc.

[

This is what i get:

mnt/SSDGames/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/bin/DirtRally: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
'DiRT Rally' quit with error code '127'.
If possible, launch Steam from command line to check the output when 'DiRT Rally' is run.
Then, contact [email protected] with details of the output, as well as your Steam System Info.
GameAction [AppID 310560, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
>>> Adding process 2902 for game ID 310560
>>> Adding process 2904 for game ID 310560
>>> Adding process 2911 for game ID 310560
>>> Adding process 2917 for game ID 310560
>>> Adding process 2918 for game ID 310560
Generating new string page texture 370: 256x256, total string texture memory is 3.96 MB

Game removed: AppID 310560 "DiRT Rally", ProcID 2901
shadercachemanager/shadercacheimplnvidia.cpp (112) : Assertion Failed: App 310560 has more than one NVIDIA disk cache instance!
Assert( Assertion Failed: App 310560 has more than one NVIDIA disk cache instance! ):shadercachemanager/shadercacheimplnvidia.cpp:112

Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1502839813)
crash_20170820192627_25.dmp[2947]: Uploading dump (out-of-process)
/tmp/dumps/crash_20170820192627_25.dmp

LibSDL error is weird because i see this file on this location. Nvidia shader cache seems to be the real issue i think.I Tried Stable steam client as well as beta as well as native runtime vs steam runtime with same problem.
tuubi Aug 21, 2017
Quoting: XpanderNvidia shader cache seems to be the real issue i think.
Did you try clearing (deleting) the cache at $HOME/.nv/GLCache? Does that affect the error message?
Xpander Aug 21, 2017
Quoting: tuubi
Did you try clearing (deleting) the cache at $HOME/.nv/GLCache? Does that affect the error message?

yes i did, also deleted from steam library~with no go.

~/steamapps/shadercache/310560/nvidiav1/GLCache
tuubi Aug 22, 2017
Quoting: Xpander

Validate game files? Try turning it off and on again? Install Ubuntu? /troll

I hope you find a fix. I'll freak out if I start getting fastest times in stages more often. At least Kallestofeles seems to be back, and despite the home field advantage, I tend to be rather slow in Finland.
Xpander Aug 22, 2017
Quoting: Xpander

Validate game files? Try turning it off and on again? Install Ubuntu? /troll

I hope you find a fix. I'll freak out if I start getting fastest times in stages more often. At least Kallestofeles seems to be back, and despite the home field advantage, I tend to be rather slow in Finland.

validated game files - yes, turned off and on again - yes, install ubuntu - how about no? :D

i noticed all feral games have similar problem, every game reports different .so to be missing.
but i managed to get it working with a workaround:

added this to the steam launch options

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/xpander/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/DiRT Rally/lib/x86_64/" %command%

i have no idea why that works, as the feral script checks for this and should already point to that path.

anyway at least it works now
Arnvidr Aug 24, 2017
I have been forced to do similar sometimes, so it might be steam's fault.

Hoping I'll have time for Finland this weekend, been a busy week so far.
Xpander Aug 24, 2017
Lots of mistakes, spins, 2 crashes, 1 with reset and +15 sec penalty, lost the tire also few splits before finish on one stage,

first 2 stages went quite good.

livestream video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169455520
tuubi Aug 27, 2017
I got curious about the Fiat, and decided to give my trusty Lancia a break for this event. Not a bad decision it seems. I did much better than I usually do in Finland. The car was still almost car-shaped after the season, despite the usual lamp post hugs and trips to the forest. I think I only got one penalty and no punctures at all. I did have plenty of lucky escapes though.

My left trigger decided to give up last night, but I managed to macgyver the Logitech into working order once again to finish the last two stages. The poor controller is about half duct tape at this point... Hopefully it won't give up completely until I can afford to replace it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.