Let the griping begin!

Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
On the new website...
Page: «3/7»
  Go to:
Hamish Jan 17, 2013
Things are progressing on here rather quickly. ![](jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif)

Still, I can not see a reply to a specific post button on this thread now, only the option to edit everyone's posts.
MyGameCompany Jan 17, 2013
It would be nice to have a quote button. ![](../../jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif)
MyGameCompany Jan 17, 2013
It would be nice to have a quote button. ![](jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif)

Edit: Hm. Accidentally hit the Add Reply button twice, and it duplicated my post. I was going to delete this post, but I don't see a way to delete a post.
Hamish Jan 17, 2013
Also, could you move the [1][2] buttons that show thread length above the reply box? The way they are now is kind of driving me batty.

Trial by fire, eh Liam? ![](jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)
Cheeseness Jan 17, 2013
No need to add elements behind each TinyMCE instance: .mceFirst {background-color: white !important}
That should give the TinyMCE editors a solid background (you can pop that in your own CSS rather than fiddling around with TinyMCE's stuff).

My bio still doesn't have any text in it (pretty sure I used the bottom most button labeled "Edit"). If you think there's a chance that people could get confused about edit buttons, then you should probably sort that out (fieldsets are a good way of highlighting that kind of grouping) ;)

Are there plans to bring back some kind of notifications prompt? It was nice to be able to jump to new stuff with a single click on the previous site?
Liam Dawe Jan 17, 2013
Actually it was this:

body.mceContentBody {
background:#FFF;
}

But that messed up tinymce's word wrap...sigh i hate tinymce need to look for a better web editor it's just becoming more of a pain to work with!
Liam Dawe Jan 17, 2013
Actually it was the copying of that css that messed it up as it included it's style which broke the formatting it seems need to get tinymce to paste as plain text to solve a lot of issues it seems.

Edit > On pasting into the editor it should now remove html code so it doesn't mess anything up :)
Liam Dawe Jan 17, 2013
Also when making a reply you should now go to the correct page.

Pagination moved above reply box.

You get a red notication on your private message link when you have a new one there, I just need to figure out a simple way for other things like replies to forum and articles, may take a while though.
Hamish Jan 17, 2013
Thank you for moving the buttons. :)

However, I have noticed that the comment box for articles is now extending underneath the sideboxes.

Also, I have mentioned this before, but is there any chance of getting the Shoutbox back?

EDIT: Also, I think the gaming chat areas should be moved above the general chat on the forum page.
Liam Dawe Jan 17, 2013
I am in the process of switching out the current editor for a new one that handles bbcode better anyway.

As for shoutbox, I will have a look :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.