Let the griping begin!

Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
On the new website...
Page: «5/7»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jan 18, 2013
Comments box on articles has been shrunk down a bit should be okay now.

Will look into image bbcode ASAP.

As for the subscribe links I will make it stand out more to start with and add an option to subscribe without receiving an email so you will see it in your UserCP.
Liam Dawe Jan 18, 2013
Okay when making a reply on articles/forum you can select to subscribe to it and seperately to get emails for replies.
The default is on but it can now be turned to off via your UserCP.

Any problems let me know.
MyGameCompany Jan 18, 2013
Quoting: HamishStill, three cheers to Liam for working his butt off to respond to all of our little nit picks.

Hear, hear!
Liam Dawe Jan 18, 2013
All the changes add a small bug to the email notification for forum replies so if anyone got an odd email ignore it i just fixed it, would help if i didnt set variable names the same in places oops.
Hamish Jan 18, 2013
I am still getting the comments box overlapping the sidebox on articles with my 17'' LCD screen at 1280x1024.
Cheeseness Jan 18, 2013
It's a minor cosmetic thing, but could you update the sender details so that it's got a sender name?

eg: "GOL Notifications"

Hmm, also looks like categories aren't saving when articles are first created (had to edit my last two articles before it stuck).
Liam Dawe Jan 19, 2013
Should have one now Cheese :)

Also @Hamish I made comment box on articles same size as forum replies, should be fine now :)

Added a Private Message link to profiles if you are logged in.
Hamish Jan 19, 2013
Indeed, things are working better now.

You should try filling out your bio again Cheese.
Bumadar Jan 21, 2013
I been working/using the website now a few days, I figured that would give me a better feeling for it then just giving comments right away.

Only thing really left of my list of things when I first saw the site is the title header.

The title header on the main site is far to big, it should be the same size as the title header on the forum:

vs:

The top one is to big and with several title on the screen the total takes up far to much screen while the bottom one is perfect and looks in my view a lot more professional.

Liam Dawe Jan 22, 2013
I toned down the titles a little bit but i want to keep them a bit better to bring attention to each post.

What's next, what do people want me to focus on next?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.