Let the griping begin!

You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
On the new website...
Page: «6/7»
  Go to:
Cheeseness Jan 23, 2013
I spotted that the % sign in the recent Crusader Kings post isn't escaped for its URL: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/crusader-kings-2-get-55%-off.1660

This error page still points to itself rather than back to the site's index (perhaps it's just pointing to a relative index?): http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/index.php

I'll have another go at filling in my profile at some stage soon.
Liam Dawe Jan 23, 2013
Fixed the % error thanks cheese.

404 page should also point to the correct place.

Liam Dawe Jan 23, 2013
If you are an editor you can now add a small-ish image to the top of an article (you need to do this via the admin panel its not currently on the submit article link). The max is 700wx100h.

So it will be easier to give articles at least an image to start with now :) (i don't want any article overloaded with images anyway).
KIAaze Jan 24, 2013
I had a lot of trouble posting this message: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/two-tribes-are-hunting-for-linux-interest.1645
(Yes, late reply, I know.)

It kept saying my submission was empty. In the end I posted a simple message and edited it afterwards.

But now I can't edit it to remove the big spaces after the quotes.

When I click on edit, it shows the contents of the message in source form correctly, but then quickly reloads into "non-source mode" and all the text disappears!
Liam Dawe Jan 24, 2013
It was because some of your text was inside what is used for bbcode tags "[" and "]". I removed them and it's fine now. Odd bug though, have reported it to the developer.
KIAaze Jan 24, 2013
Ok, thanks.
Maybe I should have used escape characters (tested "\", not working), or tried some sort of SQL injection attack with brackets. ^^
[flag]this[/flag]
[oh, so I can have messages in brackets like this?][/]
[]/I should go play in the test thread I saw somew[here]
Liam Dawe Jan 26, 2013
Right some issues with the editor should be fixed now like the one you experienced KIAaze.

Also links with ? in them should work properly now too.

Category not showing up from adding an article via the admin for me and editors fixed.

"No Category > " removed from RSS when an article has no category selected.
KIAaze Jan 26, 2013
Thanks. [ testing right away, yep, works ]
A few more feature requests:

1) Line breaks for private messages
It may not be very necessary, but after writing a relatively long PM with linebreaks, it's a bit frustrating to see a single big blob of text after sending it.

2) The ability to preview messages/PMs before posting/sending them.

3) Default subscription settings somewhere?
I have to remember to disable "Receive comment replies via email?" every time.
Liam Dawe Jan 26, 2013
1) Can you give me an example not 100% on what you mean exactly.

2) I can look at doing that :)

3) Check user cp ;)
Liam Dawe Jan 26, 2013
Okay so 1) now fixed
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.