Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Problem Unigine Superposition Help!
cusa123 Aug 25, 2017
Hi all I am new to this forum and new some things about Linux.
My native language is not English and i hope that you understand.
My problem is this, when you run "Unigine superposition"
----------------------------------------------------
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 2 (BadValue), sequence: 430, resource id: 0, major code: 1 (CreateWindow), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 431, resource id: 115343370, major code: 2 (ChangeWindowAttributes), minor code: 0.

I hope you can help me and sorry if you don't understand something.
--------------------------------------------------
My pc-
Ryzen r7 1700 -ax370 gaming 5 gigabyte- 16gb Crucial 2400 balistix sport-gtx evga 970sc-psu cooler master gx 750- ssd kingstone v300 "128gb" + hdd wd blue 1tb 7400rpm- lg bluray dvd. Linux mint 18.2 "kernel 4.13".
Xpander Aug 26, 2017
iirc its a problem with newere openssl, you need to install the older version or put the older libssl.*so files into the superposition(qt/lib) folder... google should help
devnull Sep 26, 2017
For what it's worth Superposition has problems with GLIB too. The launcher works but not the demo itself and the only one to do that.

./superposition: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by ./superposition)
./superposition: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by /root/benchmarks/Unigine_Superposition-1.0/bin/./libUnigine_x64.so)

[%] objdump -T ./superposition |grep GLIBC |awk '{print $5}' | sort -nr | uniq -c
1 GLIBCXX_3.4.14
14 GLIBCXX_3.4
24 GLIBC_2.2.5

So what's so important? Some new security thing? Nope:

GLIBCXX_3.4.14
_ZN7Unigine6StringC1ERKS0_
_ZN7Unigine8VariableD1Ev
_ZN7Unigine6Memory10deallocateEPv
_ZN7Unigine17ObjectMeshSkinned4castERKNS_3PtrINS_4NodeEEE

Ignore the randomization. Also appears they compiled parts of QT against 3.4.11 (Unigine_Superposition-1.0/bin/qt/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5).

The generic Error message is of course useless.
wolfyrion Sep 27, 2017
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/openssl-1.0 ./launcher
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.