Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Development Blog Post
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Feb 3, 2013
Here I will post all the updates I do to the main website rather than load up the front page or twitter with what could be real minor things. This post is not open to replies just to keep it clean.

If you are logged in you can subscribe to this topic using the link above to get notified when I make a new post :)
Liam Dawe Feb 4, 2013
Fixed the "View by category" not allowing you to view "Crowdfunding" as it was first in the list.

Added "Editors Picks" text to articles block for when anyone stickies an article to it.

Remove "Topic Locked" and "Sticky Topic" text on the forum topics title to much nicer icons.

I fixed up other stuff too but didn't keep a log oops.
Liam Dawe Feb 4, 2013
You can now submit game sales if you are logged in on the sales page.
Liam Dawe Feb 5, 2013
Added stars to "Editors Picks" section in Articles block. Helps to highlight them and separate them from eachother.
Liam Dawe Feb 6, 2013
Making a comment on an article now brings you to your comment when it's done.

Article comments have element ids to link to now, with a "Link To Me" link for easy-ness.
Liam Dawe Feb 6, 2013
Hid bio's on profiles if it's not filled out.
Liam Dawe Feb 7, 2013
On private messages emails the title is now a link to your private messages as well.
Liam Dawe Feb 8, 2013
-Fixed preview button after previewing publishing an article instead of previewing again for admins
-Changed text for “show in block” to “editors pick” for admin options on articles with help text.
-Added left, center, right options for aligning in the editor.
-Added back arrow to “Back to message list.” for private messages.
-When updating profile, put a message up top to confirm it's done.
-Changed “Contact us” to “Submit a tip” with links to both emailing us and submitting an article
Liam Dawe Feb 8, 2013
Hopefully fixed the random 404 errors from now.
Liam Dawe Feb 8, 2013
Fixed a bug when an admin approves a user submitted game sale for all submitted sales to be approved..oops!

Gave profiles content a content box - oops.
Liam Dawe Feb 23, 2013
When submitting an article anyone not logged in has to leave their email, but not their name.

If someone doesn't leave their name on article submission they will be called "Guest" - oops should have done that from the start!

If an editor denies posting a submitted article they can leave an email message to say why.

Removed "[" and "]" from article urls if used in the title, oops.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.