Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
What is the best free to play mmo on linux?
DevynKo Nov 3, 2017
What is a good free to play mmo/mmorpg for Linux. Preferably something newer but im down to play older games too.
g000h Nov 3, 2017
Albion Online is probably worth checking out.
DevynKo Nov 4, 2017
Quoting: g000hAlbion Online is probably worth checking out.

But that is not free, at least to my knowledge.
GustyGhost Nov 6, 2017
I want to suggest Ryzom but the learning curve is like taking on a part full time job. Though if you have gobs of free time and the dedication to sperg out on a million minutia, then it might be for you.
Shmerl Nov 8, 2017
Quoting: AnxiousInfusionI want to suggest Ryzom but the learning curve is like taking on a part full time job. Though if you have gobs of free time and the dedication to sperg out on a million minutia, then it might be for you.

Last timed I tried to play Ryzom it was 32-bit only, and was crashing on XFS. I see they have proper 64-bit version now. That's interesting.
Salvatos Nov 9, 2017
Hard to say good when it's not my thing, but Wakfu runs on Linux. It's got turn-based tactical combat and a lot of the economy and politics are player-driven. Not enough story for my taste, but if you like dungeon runs and PVP you might enjoy it.

If you're not limited to native clients, you can get Guild Wars 2 to run pretty well on Wine and they offer a limited free-to-play experience (I believe trading, parties and map chat are restricted but you have access to most of the gameplay content, other than expansions of course).
Dragunov Dec 27, 2017
Sadly, there isn't an mmorpg on linux that I would consider "good", but theres a few that come close.

Runescape
Champions of Regnum
Eternal Lands
The Mana World
Ryzom

I've been in search of a good linux mmorpg for years, but I just haven't found anything that quite does it for me yet.

Those should keep you occupied for a little while though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.