Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «5/71»
  Go to:
Hamish May 1, 2014
For May Day some nice crimson red:

As you can see I had to switch away from my old Adwaita Elements theme as it has not received any new updates in almost a year and is now broken with later versions of GTK. I am now on a slightly modified Zukiwi theme which gives me dark bars and shiny buttons.

Speaking of those updates, I am actually liking the new gEdit far more than I was first expecting. Now that they are actually getting certain things polished the direction that GNOME is going with their applications does not seem to be as jarring as it first appeared.
Hamish Jun 1, 2014
And here comes June:

Main changes apart from the new wallpapers are the presence of an icon for FTL: Faster Than Light and the fact that I have now arranged my launchers based upon year of original release. I am also now using Zukitwo proper rather than Zukiwi as my GTK theme.

Those wishing to know where I found my new wallpapers can discover them from here:
http://www.sapphiregd.com/2013/07/fondo-de-pantalla-archlinux-xfce/
Hamish Jul 2, 2014
For July I felt it was time to go back to my old habit of having my wallpapers reflect what game I was currently playing through:

Not that I actually have A Machine For Pigs installed yet; I have just finished going through the first Amnesia again as a recap, but have yet to be able to get the AMFP installer downloaded.

Excluding the addition of a LIMBO launcher, there are no other notable changes to report.
Hamish Aug 3, 2014
A little late in coming, but here is my desktop for August:

As you can see, there is nothing all that elaborate when it comes to the backgrounds this time, as I just grabbed a few more generic Tux wallpapers.

I do however have A Machine For Pigs installed now and have it coupled with its own custom Faenza icon that took ages for me produce after originally wasting my time on a different design that never looked right.

One can now also see a rounded Duke Nukem 3D icon in with my DOSBox and WINE titles; that launcher actually points to the GOG.com release of the game, which was grabbed during their Linux Launch sale.
Hamish Sep 5, 2014
So once again I am a little late in posting in this, but this time I at least have the excuse that I have spent the past week doing full out honey extractions.

Seeing as I am still quite poleaxed, I got lazy and just used a pleasant gradient using two colours I nicked from my window border. My launchers have also stayed the same as they were last month as I have been too busy to make much progress when it comes to my gaming.
wolfyrion Sep 12, 2014
My work space 2x Monitors

Screen 1 Screen 2

And here is teh background for the people that may want it

Background
Belarrius Sep 17, 2014
My desktop:

[
Hamish Sep 17, 2014
Duke Nukem Forever wallpapers?
Belarrius Sep 18, 2014
Yep
Apopas Sep 19, 2014
My Gentoo
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.