Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «6/72»
  Go to:
Hamish Oct 2, 2014
So for October I was once again feeling lazy so I just grabbed two of the blue wallpapers that Arch supplied me with by default since they go so well with my custom window border.

Other than that the only other difference as far as I can see would be my new Glare launcher using the custom Faenza icon I made for it this morning. So I guess I will see if it deserves the praise that Samsai was giving it when it came out about a year ago. :)
Xpander Oct 14, 2014
Long time with no Update here:)

**dropbox links gone**

Arch with MATE + xfwm + compton

Border: Numix Darker
Controls: Bleu Fear
Icons: F-Darkest Black
Hamish Oct 20, 2014
In an unusual move, I have decided to change my wallpapers a little over halfway through the month as I had an inspiration for how they could be made more seasonally appropriate.

Specifically I grabbed a few wallpapers made from Death Note, which is an anime series I went through for the first time in September. I think a god of death and a mass murderer are reasonable things to display as we approach Halloween, wouldn't you say?
nspacestd Oct 21, 2014
Quoting: HamishIn an unusual move, I have decided to change my wallpapers a little over halfway through the month as I had an inspiration for how they could be made more seasonally appropriate.

Specifically I grabbed a few wallpapers made from Death Note, which is an anime series I went through for the first time in September. I think a god of death and a mass murderer are reasonable things to display as we approach Halloween, wouldn't you say?
Nice desktop! The character on the left looks a bit like the Joker from Batman :D
nspacestd Oct 21, 2014

I like my desktop to be simple, so nothing too fancy here.
Cinnamon theme: New Minty
GTK theme: Adwaita
Icon theme: Faenza
Hamish Oct 21, 2014
Quoting: nspacestdNice desktop! The character on the left looks a bit like the Joker from Batman :D

I suppose Ryuk could be compared to the Joker... Watari from the show is a lot like Alfred as well.
EKRboi Oct 21, 2014
I don't think I've posted a desktop screen shot, so here it is. I don't change backgrounds too often because there is not a huge selection of 5760x1080 wall papers and I'm not artistic enough to make my own. I tried separate backgrounds for each monitor and I just couldn't do it.. it bothered the neat freak in me for some reason.

[
Xpander Oct 23, 2014
Quoting: EKRboiI don't think I've posted a desktop screen shot, so here it is. I don't change backgrounds too often because there is not a huge selection of 5760x1080 wall papers and I'm not artistic enough to make my own. I tried separate backgrounds for each monitor and I just couldn't do it.. it bothered the neat freak in me for some reason.

can i have your conky script pls :) i like your desktop a lot.
EKRboi Oct 23, 2014
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: EKRboiI don't think I've posted a desktop screen shot, so here it is. I don't change backgrounds too often because there is not a huge selection of 5760x1080 wall papers and I'm not artistic enough to make my own. I tried separate backgrounds for each monitor and I just couldn't do it.. it bothered the neat freak in me for some reason.

can i have your conky script pls :) i like your desktop a lot.

Thanks! Ill tar up my conky folder when I get home and then update this post.

EDIT* I cleaned it up a little, there are things hardcoded for my user dir (/home/damadone/) some of it from being lazy but mostly because I found it necessary for some things IIRC. It has been a while since I set all of this up so I don't remember all of the specifics.

I'm sure you can figure most of it out, but ill outline some things anyways.

I left in the lua scripts for making things clickable(/lua/lua_functions.lua & /lua/rss_button_script.lua) from when I was trying to make the pause/play/skip buttons on the .pithos_conky actually work and clickable links in .rss_conky, while I did get them "working" it caused more system usage (was constantly polling to look for a click) than I liked and they were iffy to begin with. So I removed their usage from the conky scripts. If you know of another way to make things clickable please fill me in :P

The /lua/draw_bg.lua script is what draws the background(duh) with the rounded edges. The color and transparency of the background can be edited in that script along with the radius of the edges.

The .pithos_conky that displays media info from pithos (Pandora player) is coded with pithos in mind but when I made the mpris.php script I did my best to make it pretty darn universal so it should be trivial to use .pithos_conky as a base for another media player or get crazy with the conky scripting to make it work for multiple media players at the same time.. I really only use pithos for music so I never went that far. Also I didn't know ANY PHP when I made it so if you do and can offer ways to make it better please let me know. I put in usage examples in the top comments in the mpris.php script.

The /scripts/1d script is just one I found on the net to grab weather info from rss.accuweather.com, the address line(ln 94) will need to be edited for your location.

The .sys_conky_ob is the same as .sys_conky but with the lua stuff stripped out to keep it as simple and lean as possible for my Openbox session I use for playing games. I don't use the other conky's in openbox, just .sys_conky_ob.

I am using the conky-lua-nv package from the AUR also. Official Arch conky doesn't support lua or nvidia specific stuff. Pretty sure Xpander is an Arch user but for anyone else who may try these I had to make quite a few adjustments when I moved from Xubuntu to Arch/XFCE so expect to make adjustments if not using Arch and the AUR package I linked.

I THINK that about covers it, feel free to drop me a PM or whatever if you have anymore ?s

Get Conkys HERE!

EDIT* I forgot that the conkyweather.ttf fonts are needed for the .accu_conky script so I redid the upload and changed the link. If you already grabbed this you may want to grab it again. The .fonts folder contains picture "fonts" that can be used with conky. The only one necessary for my conky's is the weather one but I figured I would add the others that I have. You can put the .fonts folder in your user dir (/home/<user>/.fonts) which is where I have mine, or you could add them to /usr/share/fonts/TTF/ (on Arch anyways) if you wish.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.