Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «27/71»
  Go to:
Hamish Dec 3, 2017
And now for December:

I am again using slightly modified wallpapers from the guy who created my theme. Also note the five new game icons that have appeared on my desktop since the beginning of November.
slack Dec 4, 2017

Ubuntu 16.04, Unity and Vibrancy icons
Spud13y Dec 5, 2017

My first successful Arch install! Done the Arch way,of course, even though it took me about 2.5 tries. Not that bad. Had to watch a couple of videos to wrap my brain around a couple of things from the wiki, but hopefully I'm here to stay.
Hamish Jan 3, 2018
First New Desktop of the New Year:

Again I am just using a variation of my previous wallpapers that have colours that match a festive theme. Other than that little has changed even though I have updated my Zukitwo theme, as I rolled back a few of the changes made to the panels and desktop icons to those of the older version, because I like it that way.
Avehicle7887 Jan 22, 2018
A new Wallpaper, Icon Set (borrowed from Deepin Linux) & Menu Icon (with my pro Gimp skills). I will sin and and apply a Windows resembling theme at some point (probably XP or 98).

Koopacabras Jan 23, 2018

KDE Desktop with my custom gtk 3 theme, that matches Zenburn.
gnome-look.org

MaCroX95 Jan 28, 2018
I'm enjoying Solus Gnome, great desktop experience. Also happy about Firefox nightly finally featuring Client side decorations :D As always I like my setup clean and minimalistic.

callcifer Jan 29, 2018
My Arch Linux desktop. Not very original, but it gets the job done and looks decent enough :)

Sadly, my Steam library is way too big for me to ever complete :/

Hamish Feb 1, 2018
Now for February:

Besides the new wallpapers the only other change to report is that I have now finally dumped pnmixer in favour of the Xfce PulseAudio Panel Plugin for volume control. It would not respect my theming for the longest time, but it has since matured.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.