New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «41/71»
  Go to:
robo5linux Jun 30, 2020

heres mine
Hamish Jul 1, 2020
Quoting: Thrash_Metal_ComputersThat's a nice looking desktop, I love the conky configuration you have! I need to play around with my conky config a bit more, as it is a little flat and doesn't quite show enough enough stats about my machine. I love stats ;)
I keep an upload of my Conky configuration so that others can build on it as I have:
http://icculus.org/~hamish/configs/conkyrc

Mine started from a template posted by Craig Watson on a forum thread many years ago.

Last edited by Hamish on 2 July 2020 at 8:07 pm UTC
fires Jul 3, 2020
My Desk Top For Today

Xpander Jul 3, 2020
Not many changes. Still Rocking the MATE desktop.

fires Jul 15, 2020
fires Jul 19, 2020
Quoting: Thrash_Metal_Computers
Quoting: HamishNew wallpapers for July:

I can't say I care for the new DeviantArt very much.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, but I'm now using your conky configuration and am customising things like color, layout and placements to my needs. Amazing stuff, thank you so much again and if I have time further down the line, I'll build on it and add more.
Quoting: Thrash_Metal_Computers
Quoting: HamishNew wallpapers for July:

I can't say I care for the new DeviantArt very much.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, but I'm now using your conky configuration and am customising things like color, layout and placements to my needs. Amazing stuff, thank you so much again and if I have time further down the line, I'll build on it and add more.

Thats the one thing I would really Like to Learn is conky
and I know there is More then enough tutorials

But just not the right time for me to Start any Project

Last edited by fires on 19 July 2020 at 6:45 am UTC
fires Jul 19, 2020
Hamish Jul 19, 2020
Quoting: Thrash_Metal_ComputersEdit: Still not working, but playing around with the sudoers file got it working, but locked my user out of executing sudo commands.
Yeah, certain displays such as for hddtemp and pwrstat in my configuration need to be whitelisted in sudoers so they can be evoked with privileges without a password:
 ## Uncomment to allow any user to run sudo if they know the password
## of the user they are running the command as (root by default).
# Defaults targetpw  # Ask for the password of the target user
# ALL ALL=(ALL) ALL  # WARNING: only use this together with 'Defaults targetpw'
%users  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/hddtemp
%users  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pwrstat
fires Jul 20, 2020

Last edited by fires on 20 July 2020 at 6:44 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.