Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «54/71»
  Go to:
sourpuz Aug 10, 2022
Quoting: DoctorJunglistI've switched from Solus to Nobara in april, but I kept my GNOME setup more or less the same, bar some additional tweaks. I always use the unity-style layout on GNOME (top bar and the side panel).

Now that's an impressive amount of stuff in your Gnome dock! Tastes really do differ, Ubuntu's Unity-style layout always drives me nuts because the windows are always slightly to the bottom left, due to the dock and the header panel. I don't know why this irks me so, I guess it's because they're not centered.

Last edited by sourpuz on 10 August 2022 at 1:41 pm UTC
scaine Aug 10, 2022
Quoting: sourpuz
Quoting: DoctorJunglistI've switched from Solus to Nobara in april, but I kept my GNOME setup more or less the same, bar some additional tweaks. I always use the unity-style layout on GNOME (top bar and the side panel).

Now that's an impressive amount of stuff in your Gnome dock!
A 4K screen let's you go absolutely nuts with what you put on that top bar. I recently discovered the KDE Plasma widget "Audio Device Switcher" and it's an absolute game-changer, particularly for me, regularly switching between my monitor speakers, headphones and bluetooth headset.

Pengling Aug 10, 2022
Love how smart it all looks - and love Dig Dug hanging out in your terminal there, too! How did you do that?
DoctorJunglist Aug 10, 2022
Quoting: PenglingLove how smart it all looks - and love Dig Dug hanging out in your terminal there, too! How did you do that?
I've used this to make a random color script appear each time I open a new terminal / terminal instance. Not all of them are as nice as this one though, but it's still pretty cool to me.
https://gitlab.com/dwt1/shell-color-scripts

Quoting: scaine
Quoting: sourpuz

Now that's an impressive amount of stuff in your Gnome dock!
A 4K screen let's you go absolutely nuts with what you put on that top bar. I recently discovered the KDE Plasma widget "Audio Device Switcher" and it's an absolute game-changer, particularly for me, regularly switching between my monitor speakers, headphones and bluetooth headset.
Damn, this screenshot makes me wish I had a higher resolution display. It's glorious. How big is your display btw?

Unfortunately, even If I were to get a new PC / laptop and a new monitor, I'd go for a 27" 1440p 144/165hz display as 4k gaming imo is still too taxing with the more resource-hungry games out there (and I don't tend to upgrade my hardware too often).

As to switching audio, I use a GNOME extension to take care of that. I've installed various extensions that expand the tray menu a bit (add an audio input / output chooser, audio mixer, bluetooth quick connect - I use it to turn off my controller when I finish playing, GSconnect (KDE connect for GNOME) and buttons for accessing the GNOME tweaks and GNOME extensions apps).

Last edited by DoctorJunglist on 10 August 2022 at 7:30 pm UTC
scaine Aug 10, 2022
Quoting: DoctorJunglistDamn, this screenshot makes me wish I had a higher resolution display. It's glorious. How big is your display btw?
It's 43". It was £499 when I bought it, but it appears to have gone up in price since Jan 2021. I changed the stand too - makes a big difference to how it looks!

Before:

And after:

Looks like I was running Mint back in early 2021!
Cyril Aug 11, 2022
Quoting: scaine
Quoting: DoctorJunglistDamn, this screenshot makes me wish I had a higher resolution display. It's glorious. How big is your display btw?
It's 43". It was £499 when I bought it, but it appears to have gone up in price since Jan 2021. I changed the stand too - makes a big difference to how it looks!

Before:

And after:

Looks like I was running Mint back in early 2021!

I see Grim Dawn, I like.
Pengling Aug 17, 2022

Currently on my GPD Win Max 2021 and wishing for weather like this!
StoneColdSpider Aug 17, 2022
Quoting: PenglingCurrently on my GPD Win Max 2021 and wishing for weather like this!

Be careful what you wish for...... I am having that weather at the moment and its not fun either......

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 17 August 2022 at 10:26 am UTC
Pengling Aug 17, 2022
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderBe careful what you wish for...... I am having that weather at the moment and its not fun either......
Hehe, but I really like rain, though!
sourpuz Aug 24, 2022

Well, finally I have a picture to post in this thread! I usually use GNOME 4X, which makes for a pretty bare and boring to post desktop.
But a while ago, I decided to check out the newest Pro version of ZorinOS. I won't use it on my main desktop, as Zorin packages are usually not very leading edge, but I like what Artyom Zorin is doing with the distro. I put the Lite version on my little Tuxedo notebook and I'm pretty pleased with it!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.