Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 2
Page: «6/6
  Go to:
Xpander Jan 9, 2018
Quoting: SkullyOoh I guess I just need to relax and take it easy to the end now. So with our season length, 1 DNF is unrecoverable if the competition doesnt get 1 too? Hmm... just realized I don't know how many points you get for any of the positions lmao.

correct. Its using standard FIA system

1st place 25 points
2nd place 18 points
3rd place 15 points
4th place 12 points
5th place 10 points
6th place 8 points
7th place 6 points
8th place 4 points
9th place 2 points
10th place 1 point

----

Flat tires are annoying as hell, but you seem to be unlucky with those lately.But wales is well known with random shit near the roads that puncture your tires.
muell Jan 9, 2018
Went better than expected. No big crashes, hugged the sides a few times and took little detours in some corners. I really don't like stage 3 and 6 because it's so easy to fuck up and fly off the side. Those and the night stage in rain made me nervous as hell.

Flat tires are a pain for sure and one of the worst part of the game. Frontal crash with 150km/h into a tree and if you're lucky you won't even come to a halt before driving off like nothing happened. Falling off a cliff: +15s. Driving over a rock: flat tire, +90s.
tuubi Jan 9, 2018
Quoting: XpanderFlat tires are annoying as hell, but you seem to be unlucky with those lately.But wales is well known with random shit near the roads that puncture your tires.
Can't you lessen the risk of punctures by softening the dampers a bit? Makes the car less stable of course.
Xpander Jan 9, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: XpanderFlat tires are annoying as hell, but you seem to be unlucky with those lately.But wales is well known with random shit near the roads that puncture your tires.
Can't you lessen the risk of punctures by softening the dampers a bit? Makes the car less stable of course.

yeah you can. still if you hit a rock with the wheel it wont help, but it will reduce it with hitting some banks etc. but the car indeed doesnt handle that well then, specially corners that go downhill, with soft dampers it can roll over if you turn too hard and with higher speeds.
Xpander Jan 9, 2018
And done by me as well. Few close calls with the ditches, that were so close that i thought that's it now.
Overall went pretty good, if that one crash into the ditch wasn't there i would be happy :P

S1: straight in the hairpin, reverse needed
S2: clean
S3: crash into ditch (around 10-12 sec lost there)
S4: clean
S5: clean
S6: clean
muell Jan 9, 2018
Honestly, I think that the way punctures are simulated is mostly fine but other sorts of damage and crashes is stupid as hell. At least in Monaco you DNF if you fall down the cliffs. It should be that way everywhere and crashes with a certain speed should do the same.

It would make flat tires much less horrible and generally be more about driving well and secure. Not sure though if everyone would like that. Might make more sense with the randomly generated tracks from the new dirt.
tuubi Jan 10, 2018
Quoting: muellHonestly, I think that the way punctures are simulated is mostly fine but other sorts of damage and crashes is stupid as hell. At least in Monaco you DNF if you fall down the cliffs. It should be that way everywhere and crashes with a certain speed should do the same.

It would make flat tires much less horrible and generally be more about driving well and secure. Not sure though if everyone would like that. Might make more sense with the randomly generated tracks from the new dirt.
While I appreciate that the game can be quite forgiving when it comes to damage, I think "fixing" this would make it even more frustrating for new players. It's already more punishing than any Rally game I've played before. Maybe it isn't quite the simulator some enthusiasts were looking for, but personally I don't think it needs to be.

Although this could very well be a difficulty setting. "Realistic damage" maybe.
tuubi Jan 11, 2018
I had a brilliant first stage. For me at least. Then I remembered I'm not actually that good at this and started making mistakes again. The third stage I finished with three tyres. You know, because that felt like the right thing to do at the time.
Arnvidr Jan 12, 2018
Quoting: tuubiThen I remembered I'm not actually that good at this and started making mistakes again.
:D That's how it usually goes with me too every time I drive really well!

That said, beating the league winner on the last event? Those punctures really did you in Skully, even with my two stupid resets on the moor.

The first one I slipped on the grass, across the inside of a hairpin. The game thought I was cheating of course, and reset me. When returning on the night stage, I slipped off the road before the hill up to the moor. That was stupid :D
Xpander Jan 14, 2018
And Season is Completed. Congrats to Skully for winning it!

Next season will Start soon. Extended one.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/3142
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.