Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Opinion on solus
kalin Dec 12, 2017
I'm not sure if this category is the best but anyway.
Can you give your opinion on solus.
nox Dec 12, 2017
So far my experiences with it have been great. Most of the software you need is available in their repos and the devs are awesome. I would recommend that you give it a go :)
razing32 Dec 12, 2017
I only tried it briefly.
While I like their Budgie desktop , I dislike their graphical updater. It crashed midway and would not complete.
kalin Dec 13, 2017
Quoting: eloSo far my experiences with it have been great. Most of the software you need is available in their repos and the devs are awesome. I would recommend that you give it a go :)
Thanks. I can see that you use vega gpu. How well it run for you. I'm not sure but for vega you need at least kernel 4.15 or you use proprietary driver ?
kalin Dec 13, 2017
Quoting: razing32I only tried it briefly.
While I like their Budgie desktop , I dislike their graphical updater. It crashed midway and would not complete.

Thanks. Is this lead to OS issues or just inconvenience and need to repeat the operation with command line ?
kalin Dec 13, 2017
Quoting: GuestMy experience with Solus is really great. I was using it for a month and a half as my daily driver. The gaming with it was especially awesome, as I don't need to use 3rd party repos for driver and kernel updates (coming from Kubuntu) and Solus' LSI project helped me avoid many bugs of Steam client and several Steam games.
Despite rolling release model, Solus is really stable. The devs are testing extensively every uploaded package, so problems with updates occur rarely.
What I don't like is the dumb package manager which can't find and delete orphaned dependencies, but the devs are working on the new manager right now.

Thanks. I like your smiling penguin :)
libgradev Dec 13, 2017
Personally, very positive :)

Used it for a referb PC for a client (novice) and had good reports also!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.