You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Avehicle7887 commented on 14 July 2018 at 3:37 pm UTC

Path of Exile DX11/64bit with DXVK.

To use the DX11 client you will need to apply GloriousEggroll's patch to Wine (tested and works with 3.12).

Avehicle7887 commented on 16 July 2018 at 3:03 pm UTC

Today I bought my first modern Windows-only game after about 2 years - Shadow Warrior 2. Running at max details, fps is mostly 60+. Another thing worth mentioning is that this game doesn't stutter like other games during shader compilation.

Shmerl commented on 17 July 2018 at 4:25 pm UTC

I was waiting for the native release of SW2, but it's probably never going to happen. Another Linux friendly studio bites the dust. I'll eventually buy it to play in Wine I suppose, when it will be on some big discount.

Hamish commented on 29 July 2018 at 9:53 pm UTC

I have finally gotten around to giving Return to Na Pali a try and so far I am enjoying it quite a bit more than the main campaign.

Hamish commented on 11 August 2018 at 4:55 am UTC

BioShock.

debianxfce commented on 11 August 2018 at 6:56 pm UTC

The Elder Scrolls Online is free for 1 day in Steam. Runs fine with wine-staging 3.13 and DXVK 0.64. The game requires 90 GB of disk space that I think is way too much compared to the game content. I would not pay more than 10 euros that is the reduced price to 21.8. I will not buy this game because of poorer quality compared to Skyrim.

ageres commented on 12 August 2018 at 1:59 pm UTC

How do you people take screenshots of DXVK/Vulkan? When I try to (using scrot) it captures either a black screen or garbage.

debianxfce commented on 13 August 2018 at 12:06 pm UTC

ageresHow do you people take screenshots of DXVK/Vulkan? When I try to (using scrot) it captures either a black screen or garbage.

I use Xfce4-screenshooter with 10 seconds timer, so I have time to change the focus to the game. xfce screenshooter

ageres commented on 14 August 2018 at 6:35 am UTC

I tried this, and results look... strange.

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

I didn't use a timer, I created a script taking a screenshot on Scroll Lock:

1. Make a bash file screenshot.sh with this text:
#!/bin/bash date_time_ms=$(date +%F_%T:%3N) cp "$1" /home/you/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_$date_time_ms.png rm "$1"

2. Add a hotkey (in Lubuntu there's lxhotkey for that):
xfce4-screenshooter -wo /home/you/pathtoscript/screenshot.sh

The strange thing is, scrot started to make good screenshots when I tried to use both scrot and xfce4-screenshooter .

debianxfce commented on 14 August 2018 at 12:24 pm UTC

ageres, it looks like screen tearing. Have played with the nvidia control panel settings? Try with the timer too, then your computer has more resources to take the screenshot. Your old FX cpu is not the fastest cpu in the planet, it is even slower than my previous Kaveri cpus.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Tac Tics: „Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts