WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «9/21»
  Go to:
Avehicle7887 Oct 11, 2018
Started Darksiders 2 - Deathinitive Edition, the DX11 renderer doesn't work (both with DXVK and without) due to an issue with the game, however it comes with an OpenGL one and performs very well with it.

YoRHa-2B Oct 22, 2018
Resonance of Fate, with a wine-staging setup because Proton only shows a black screen. The game supports 4k rendering even on lower-resolution monitors, which results in quite nice image quality.

Avehicle7887 Oct 22, 2018
Ghost of a Tale with DXVK.

chui2ch Oct 24, 2018
Quoting: GuestJust Cause 3 is for sale in Steam. Runs fine with wine-staging 3.18 and DXVK 0.90.

Did you try it with proton?
kaiman Oct 28, 2018
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

This one makes use of Stream Output, so it's good that Wine 3.19 finally includes the necessary patches. As an additional hurdle, it requires native Windows Media Foundation dlls from Windows 7 to run.
Avehicle7887 Nov 4, 2018
Today I made a little experiment with my 2012 PC build with i5-2400+GTX 760, this system is still running on Mint 17.3 (Based off Ubuntu 14.04), at the time Wine had barely started with CSMT and Vulkan was still almost a couple of years away. So the question in my head popped, but can it run Cry.......DXVK? The answer is yes (on the Nvidia side at least):

To build Wine with Vulkan support for Ubuntu 14.04 you can use the "libvulkan" packages from the 16.04 repo. :)
Avehicle7887 Nov 5, 2018
Testing out the recently DRM-Free released Lords of the Fallen, I don't know if any technical surprises await me but so far it renders correctly and the only issue I encountered is an error when exiting the game. Use of ESync is highly recommended, in a specific scene I get up to 12fps more with it enabled.

Using DXVK 0.91 with drivers 396.54.09. FPS is with V-Sync on to avoid tearing during screenshots.
ziabice Nov 6, 2018
Quoting: Avehicle7887Testing out the recently DRM-Free released Lords of the Fallen, I don't know if any technical surprises await me but so far it renders correctly and the only issue I encountered is an error when exiting the game. Use of ESync is highly recommended, in a specific scene I get up to 12fps more with it enabled.

Spoiler, click me

Using DXVK 0.91 with drivers 396.54.09. FPS is with V-Sync on to avoid tearing during screenshots.

How do you managed to run it? This doesn't work under SteamPlay/Proton :( It's the Gog version?
Avehicle7887 Nov 6, 2018
Quoting: ziabiceHow do you managed to run it? This doesn't work under SteamPlay/Proton :( It's the Gog version?

It's the GOG version yes, using Wine 3.19 with eSync. No special settings required but I did install corefonts just to be on the safe side.
Shmerl Nov 6, 2018
Quoting: ziabiceHow do you managed to run it? This doesn't work under SteamPlay/Proton :( It's the Gog version?

GOG version is DRM-free, so Wine compatibility is expected to be better.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.