Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Game Sales
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
muntdefems Apr 1, 2013
Just one more thing (promise! :P) about the sales RSS feed: it doesn't validate, allegedly because of «Mine Base: Chess & Checkers». I'd bet it's either the colon's or the ampersand's fault...

PS: When opening it on Firefox it only displays the first 7 games: up to Waking Mars, just the one before Mine Base.
Liam Dawe Apr 1, 2013
Quoting: muntdefems
Quoting: liamdaweI actually meant to merge them since the official website has a link to both their sale and the Desura sale
Oh, I see, hadn't thought of that... Still I think there's a chance someone looking for Desura sales might overlook it. How about multi-provider sales? (they'd also be useful for bundles, when there's DRM-free + a key, or Desura+Steam keys)

Quoting: liamdaweI haven't moved the new quote system over to the forum yet
No worries! I can manually quote until then. ^_^
As you may tell from this reply, the quoting system is now rolled out on the forum...only took me an hour :><:
Liam Dawe Apr 1, 2013
Quoting: muntdefemsJust one more thing (promise! :P) about the sales RSS feed: it doesn't validate, allegedly because of «Mine Base: Chess & Checkers». I'd bet it's either the colon's or the ampersand's fault...

PS: When opening it on Firefox it only displays the first 7 games: up to Waking Mars, just the one before Mine Base.
Fixed.
muntdefems Apr 1, 2013
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: muntdefemsJust one more thing (promise! :P) about the sales RSS feed: it doesn't validate, allegedly because of «Mine Base: Chess & Checkers». I'd bet it's either the colon's or the ampersand's fault...

Fixed.
Sweet! (both the quoting and the RSS) :D
muntdefems Apr 2, 2013
...and another thing: I've just reported the end of the Waking Mars sale. I don't know if you've received it, but anyway I was redirected to a blank page, with no thank-you message nor the sales list. Please take a look at it. ;)

Edit: Sale submissions, on the other hand, work flawlessly. I was returned to the sales page and a green-highlighted message appeared at the top. :)

Edit#2: Ooops! Looks like sales submissions make their way into the RSS feed inmediately, prior to supervision. Furthermore, I've realized the links provided on the RSS feeds are incorrect: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/sales/### (where ### would be the sale ID: e.g. http://www.gamingonlinux.com/sales/131 should be the «Age of Conquest III» sale). They don't lead anywhere, regardless of the value of ###. :(
Liam Dawe Apr 2, 2013
Fixed the reporting issue thanks!

Added a check to only show accepted items on RSS as well, oooooops!

Hmm the link on RSS for me is correct and just sends me to the sales page, i only added id to the GUID as it has to be unique didn't know some places used that as the link, they shouldn't do!
muntdefems Apr 2, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweHmm the link on RSS for me is correct and just sends me to the sales page, i only added id to the GUID as it has to be unique didn't know some places used that as the link, they shouldn't do!
You're right, it depends on the RSS reader application. Both Firefox and the Android app on my phone display the (correct) generic link to the sales page but Thunderbird doesn't, it only shows the numbered URL.

I could file a Thunderbird bug report, but I don't know any of the fields involved (or how does an RSS feed work, for that matter), so I think it'd be better if you did it.
muntdefems Apr 3, 2013
Looks like a second copy of the Anodyne sale has been publised. I'm pretty sure the cause was me refreshing the sales page some time after sending a submission. Doing that it didn't just reload the sales page (http://www.gamingonlinux.com/sales/) but the page with the PHP form, which re-submitted the sale.

Is there any way to prevent this?
muntdefems Jun 4, 2013
Someone is repeatedly sending [this Puddle sale](http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PUDDLE/puddle) our way, and I keep rejecting it because it's a Win/Mac DRM-free download and doesn't come with a Steam key. If you're the one who's reporting this sale and you're reading this, please stop! :P
Liam Dawe Jun 4, 2013
Odd they list the Linux requirements on it but only have the Win and Apple icons.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.