Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Looking for a certain type of game.
Zybersun Feb 5, 2018
I like games that just let me create without coding, etc. My favorites have been platnimum arts sandbox and recently Starsone.

What I would like to get is a game that just lets me build worlds. Something that dosn't break after a couple of months. I am willing to pay up to a certain price but open source and/or free is a good thing to, lol.

Anyone have any thoughts and ideas? Please don't recommend any mine craft like games. Sorry to fans of those, I mean no disrespect, but they really annoy me.
razing32 Feb 6, 2018
Hmm. Having played neither Sandbox or Sasone this might not be easy.

Gary's Mod maybe. Though you cannot build the world itself.
There's a game called Build-a-world that may appeal : http://www.buildaworld.net/
I can think of other games that let you build a world like 7 Days to die , but that is less focused on world building and more focused on survival. It does have a creative mode though and you can turn off the zombies.

Also Terraria and Startopia let you manipulate worlds , but again the focus is not on the world building and more on combat.

Sorry. Best I can think of on the spot
Zybersun Feb 6, 2018
Build a world looks interesting. Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone.
scaine Feb 6, 2018
I couldn't get into it, but you might be interested in Wurm Unlimited. Seems to be a game/builder that you either love or hate. I suspect that if you play on a traditional server, you'll hate it. If you play locally in sandbox mode, or with massive modifiers to build/skill increase, you'll potentially love it.

Bit of a learning curve to the building elements, but incredibly detailed and flexible in terms of what you can achieve.
Zybersun Feb 6, 2018
I forgot about Wurm. Thanks that gives me a couple to check out now. I am not too worried about learning what I need to. Plantinum Arts Sandbox wasn't always straight forward, but it was fun. There is something about creating a world that is more fun to me than actually playing a game, usually.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.