Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
I have opened a Change.org to ask CDProjektRed to open a kickstarter to get funds for porting Witcher 3 for linux.
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
tony1ab Mar 12, 2018
Petition is this.
https://www.change.org/p/cd-projekt-red-to-cd-projekt-red-please-open-a-kickstarter-to-bring-the-witcher-3-game-to-linux-6e863ea4-52ea-4ac8-8e6d-af99fbaec7e6

Please spread the word.
If you think this deserves a new, create it!

We need this dream to come true.
Shmerl Mar 12, 2018
Good! But hard to say how they view this idea.
tony1ab Mar 13, 2018
Submitted to news in the form of an article. Let the gamingonlinux gods have mercy.
Liam Dawe Mar 13, 2018
Quoting: tony1abSubmitted to news in the form of an article. Let the gamingonlinux gods have mercy.
Sorry, had to deny it. It's really not a fit for a front-page article in my opinion.

Change petitions have had a bad history for us, especially the Blizzard one where the creator acted like a total child in response to a reply from the CEO.

On top of that, actually pushing a petition through like this is a huge amount of effort. Simply getting it up is not enough, if it goes somewhere and you manage to put time into it to build it up, then we can look to feature it.
tony1ab Mar 13, 2018
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: tony1abSubmitted to news in the form of an article. Let the gamingonlinux gods have mercy.

Change petitions have had a bad history for us, especially the Blizzard one where the creator acted like a total child in response to a reply from the CEO.

What do you mean? Do you mean that my actions has to be represented or judged for what someone else not related to me at all, did in a different issue?. Hello? Prejudices?...Hello?

And I don't know what you reffer with 'pushing a petition throug'. It is just a change.org petition. People sees it. People signs it if they want to. And that is all. All it needs is diffusion for people to know it. I am not asking more.
tuubi Mar 13, 2018
Maybe social networks like twitter and reddit would be better suited for spreading the word?

Even disregarding any previous petitions, I have to agree with Liam that this isn't newsworthy on its own. Anyone can start a petition, but it won't be news unless the developer actually responds to it.

I gave it my vote though. I'd really like to play TW3, but not enough to buy a Windows game. Not that any amount of petitioning is likely to change their minds at this point.
Shmerl Mar 13, 2018
Quoting: tuubiNot that any amount of petitioning is likely to change their minds at this point.

What can they lose from crowdfunding a Linux version? Regarding the petition, it shouldn't specify Kickstarter as the only way to do it.
damarrin Mar 13, 2018
I signed it as well, although I'm pretty sure they don't care. And I agree it's not newsworthy on its own, so good call there by Liam.

I do hope it gets made, though. I'll start playing the series some day and W1 works fine in Wine, W2 is there and runs fine and it would be awesome if W3 did, too. Although the way things are going, we'll have it running in Wine well by the time I'm done with the first two. :-)
Shmerl Mar 13, 2018
Quoting: damarrinAlthough the way things are going, we'll have it running in Wine well by the time I'm done with the first two. :-)

Yep, that's most realistic expectation at the moment.
Shmerl Mar 13, 2018
Quoting: GuestYou're thinking only about development costs. There are other costs such as licensing and support

What do you mean by "licensing costs" in this case? Development costs can be covered by said crowdfunding just fine, especially since most of the work was already done by Wine and dxvk developers ;) I.e. the money can be directed to finishing and polishing dxvk, and then making an officially supported Wine+dxvk release.
g000h Mar 13, 2018
If you got 1000 votes, you'd be doing well (in my opinion) but that'd still be about 100 times less votes than you'd need to make a difference.

Meanwhile, I've been watching videos of "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" and thinking - Hey, I like the look of this game. Warhorse Studios said they'd create a Linux version in their Kickstarter campaign. Now, I'm not saying they ever will create a Linux version, but it's probably 10 times more likely than CDPR doing a Linux version of TW3.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.