Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Link news to forum + new gaming category
Arehandoro Mar 14, 2018
Hi there,

I have a couple of ideas, hope everyone finds them appealing and/or not too difficult to implement.

Somehow I find a bit tedious, and time consuming, navigating between comments in the news. There is a lot of scrolling involved too. Especially in comparison with the forum where there are less images and at a simple glance makes easier to click on a topic that I might be interested in.

Could perhaps the comments section in the news be linked to a category in the forum? No need to create a specific category for this, it should be enough linking to the existing topics.

My other petition is that sometimes I'd like to share emulation and console related gaming news. I know this is not a console forum but it's also about gaming and perhaps a bit of other gaming talk could draw some more people in to the web. Anyway, when this is the case I find a bit difficult to choose which category could be the ideal to post the info.

Would be possible to create a general gaming category for this purpose?

Many thanks!
Liam Dawe Mar 14, 2018
Quoting: ArehandoroCould perhaps the comments section in the news be linked to a category in the forum? No need to create a specific category for this, it should be enough linking to the existing topics.
I'm afraid I don't have any plans to link the comments to the forum at this time, it's an extra load of work that just isn't worth it right now.

Quoting: ArehandoroMy other petition is that sometimes I'd like to share emulation and console related gaming news. I know this is not a console forum but it's also about gaming and perhaps a bit of other gaming talk could draw some more people in to the web. Anyway, when this is the case I find a bit difficult to choose which category could be the ideal to post the info.

The Retro Gaming forum was also meant for emulation, I've adjusted the name of the forum to better reflect this. I have also added the Citra emulator news to my Thunderbird RSS feed as suggested in Discord to keep up to date and post news on it as well :)
Arehandoro Mar 14, 2018
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: ArehandoroCould perhaps the comments section in the news be linked to a category in the forum? No need to create a specific category for this, it should be enough linking to the existing topics.
I'm afraid I don't have any plans to link the comments to the forum at this time, it's an extra load of work that just isn't worth it right now.

Quoting: ArehandoroMy other petition is that sometimes I'd like to share emulation and console related gaming news. I know this is not a console forum but it's also about gaming and perhaps a bit of other gaming talk could draw some more people in to the web. Anyway, when this is the case I find a bit difficult to choose which category could be the ideal to post the info.

The Retro Gaming forum was also meant for emulation, I've adjusted the name of the forum to better reflect this. I have also added the Citra emulator news to my Thunderbird RSS feed as suggested in Discord to keep up to date and post news on it as well :)

Cool, thanks for prompt reply Liam :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.