Use Reddit? Join us on our very own subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Linuxstuff/
You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
tuubi commented on 12 April 2018 at 5:50 pm UTC

Xpander
tuubi
XpanderSweden done. Was fighting with the setup at first, totally different than 2010 cars. But managed to drive pretty fast.
Can I be curious about the setup you settled on?

break balance 1 tick to the rear side from middle, gears 2 ticks shorter, suspension (both) 1 tick softer, dampners (both) to the same level, 2 clicks from firm. Rest was untouched
Thanks. My saved setup for Sweden from our earlier leagues is pretty much identical to yours. I guess I can only blame my skills when I mess up again.

muell commented on 16 April 2018 at 3:00 pm UTC

Finland went pretty good.

I started with the "OH GOD PLEASE DONT CRASH" tactic, took every crest and jump serious, braked earlier and drove with lower rpm. Worked out for the most part. Stage 2 had a mild crash, on stage 6 I crashed twice because I drove more aggressively after the first crash and got punished soon after.

The Peugeot is just a beast so I'm really curious if anyone can beat me with another car.

Xpander commented on 16 April 2018 at 8:54 pm UTC

I will obviously try to beat you. your total time 27 min 47 sec seems quite long it took. should be around 25-26min mark if my calculations are correct will see when i get the chance to drive and hopefully won't destroy my car

muell commented on 16 April 2018 at 9:47 pm UTC

2 minutes less is really optimistic so let's see

Btw, has anyone tried to run dirt rally with dxvk? Performance on linux is really not that good unfortunately.

ajgp commented on 16 April 2018 at 11:27 pm UTC

XpanderI will obviously try to beat you. your total time 27 min 47 sec seems quite long it took. should be around 25-26min mark if my calculations are correct will see when i get the chance to drive and hopefully won't destroy my car

Your targeting 10 mins faster than I can achieve under pressure! I did some test runs in custom before I did my 'True' time and I got screwed by being to aggressive in the long tracks, ended up on my rims more than once which killed any hope of a respectable time!

Xpander commented on 17 April 2018 at 3:37 am UTC

muellBtw, has anyone tried to run dirt rally with dxvk? Performance on linux is really not that good unfortunately.

What? Performance isn't great? according to the benchmark i get within +/- 5FPS to the windows on the similar harwdare. in fact 113 FPS ultra 1440p with my hardware. I always thought that Dirt Rally is one of those really good performing ports. What hardware you have?

ajgp commented on 17 April 2018 at 8:15 am UTC

muell2 minutes less is really optimistic so let's see

Btw, has anyone tried to run dirt rally with dxvk? Performance on linux is really not that good unfortunately.

My experience is same as Xpander's; Im getting 100+FPS (and its smooth no jitters) on my hardware at 1440p Ultra settings.

Arnvidr commented on 18 April 2018 at 8:21 am UTC

Managed to get in my run early Monday morning. Went pretty bad, two times on the rim, which I had to fix because I was pressed for time. So at least 3 minutes water, but a few league points are better than none

muell commented on 18 April 2018 at 8:51 pm UTC

I get between 30 and 50 fps with low settings (everything turned down except the few things that make a gameplay difference) on 1080p with an fx 8320 and a r9 270x. GPU is not nearly fully utilized.

Xpander commented on 18 April 2018 at 9:05 pm UTC

muellI get between 30 and 50 fps with low settings (everything turned down except the few things that make a gameplay difference) on 1080p with an fx 8320 and a r9 270x. GPU is not nearly fully utilized.

That CPU might be a issue if its not overclocked either. Had the same CPU before @4.5ghz and it really sucked with singlethread perf and most games still use just 2-3 cores/threads at best. What can help a bit is to force your CPU into performance mode.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts