You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «2/11»
  Go to:
tuubi Apr 12, 2018
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: XpanderSweden done. Was fighting with the setup at first, totally different than 2010 cars. But managed to drive pretty fast.
Can I be curious about the setup you settled on?

break balance 1 tick to the rear side from middle, gears 2 ticks shorter, suspension (both) 1 tick softer, dampners (both) to the same level, 2 clicks from firm. Rest was untouched
Thanks. My saved setup for Sweden from our earlier leagues is pretty much identical to yours. I guess I can only blame my skills when I mess up again. :P
muell Apr 16, 2018
Finland went pretty good.

I started with the "OH GOD PLEASE DONT CRASH" tactic, took every crest and jump serious, braked earlier and drove with lower rpm. Worked out for the most part. Stage 2 had a mild crash, on stage 6 I crashed twice because I drove more aggressively after the first crash and got punished soon after.

The Peugeot is just a beast so I'm really curious if anyone can beat me with another car.
Xpander Apr 16, 2018
I will obviously try to beat you. your total time 27 min 47 sec seems quite long it took. should be around 25-26min mark if my calculations are correct :) will see when i get the chance to drive and hopefully won't destroy my car
muell Apr 16, 2018
2 minutes less is really optimistic so let's see :)

Btw, has anyone tried to run dirt rally with dxvk? Performance on linux is really not that good unfortunately.
Cmdr_Iras Apr 16, 2018
Quoting: XpanderI will obviously try to beat you. your total time 27 min 47 sec seems quite long it took. should be around 25-26min mark if my calculations are correct :) will see when i get the chance to drive and hopefully won't destroy my car

Your targeting 10 mins faster than I can achieve under pressure! I did some test runs in custom before I did my 'True' time and I got screwed by being to aggressive in the long tracks, ended up on my rims more than once which killed any hope of a respectable time!
Xpander Apr 17, 2018
Quoting: muellBtw, has anyone tried to run dirt rally with dxvk? Performance on linux is really not that good unfortunately.

What? Performance isn't great? according to the benchmark i get within +/- 5FPS to the windows on the similar harwdare. in fact 113 FPS ultra 1440p with my hardware. I always thought that Dirt Rally is one of those really good performing ports. What hardware you have?
Cmdr_Iras Apr 17, 2018
Quoting: muell2 minutes less is really optimistic so let's see :)

Btw, has anyone tried to run dirt rally with dxvk? Performance on linux is really not that good unfortunately.

My experience is same as Xpander's; Im getting 100+FPS (and its smooth no jitters) on my hardware at 1440p Ultra settings.
Arnvidr Apr 18, 2018
Managed to get in my run early Monday morning. Went pretty bad, two times on the rim, which I had to fix because I was pressed for time. So at least 3 minutes water, but a few league points are better than none :)
muell Apr 18, 2018
I get between 30 and 50 fps with low settings (everything turned down except the few things that make a gameplay difference) on 1080p with an fx 8320 and a r9 270x. GPU is not nearly fully utilized.
Xpander Apr 18, 2018
Quoting: muellI get between 30 and 50 fps with low settings (everything turned down except the few things that make a gameplay difference) on 1080p with an fx 8320 and a r9 270x. GPU is not nearly fully utilized.

That CPU might be a issue if its not overclocked either. Had the same CPU before @4.5ghz and it really sucked with singlethread perf and most games still use just 2-3 cores/threads at best. What can help a bit is to force your CPU into performance mode.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.