You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
Feral's attitude towards DRM-free releases?
liamdawe commented on 15 June 2018 at 5:06 pm UTC

I will likely send a reminder early next week, as end of hours for the UK now and no reply.

Avehicle7887 commented on 15 June 2018 at 6:01 pm UTC

ShmerlI don't really expect them to provide a clear answer. They do appear pro-DRM inclined, and admitting that publicly will give them bad PR. So most companies in such case resort to "no comments" attitude. It's not the first time.

This morning I received a response which sadly it doesn't say much:

QuoteHi,

Thanks for your interest in Feral Interactive.

We appreciate your suggestion, and will take it under consideration.

The best way to find out about new Feral games is to follow our website and social media pages for announcements: (bunch of links)

I hope they see there's profit in providing their ports to GOG, especially when considering that these games are pretty much done and require little to no maintenance.

Shmerl commented on 15 June 2018 at 6:10 pm UTC

Yeah, that's a usual non answer which says nothing about why they didn't release the game. So I'll stay with my assumption that they are pro-DRM.

Shmerl commented on 15 June 2018 at 6:19 pm UTC

One thing this answer suggests is like before, this decision was Feral's, since they say that they are "taking it under consideration", and not let's say 2K or anyone else.

Plintslîcho commented on 15 June 2018 at 6:36 pm UTC

ShmerlXCOM: Enemy Unknown came out on GOG for Windows but not for Linux and MacOS.

I have to admit that I'm really disappointed this time. It's not the first time that a game is released on GOG.com for Windows only (and it won't be the last). But this time I find it really sad.

Thanks Avehicle7887 and Liam for reaching out to Feral about it. Even though it may not change anything, I'm still interested to read about Feral's point of view.

adamhm commented on 18 June 2018 at 7:50 pm UTC

I've started a giveaway over on GOG's forums about contacting Feral to ask about releasing the Linux version of XCOM there, to show the demand for it... the chances might not be good but it's worth a try at least.

Shmerl commented on 13 November 2018 at 8:15 pm UTC

adamhmI've started a giveaway over on GOG's forums about contacting Feral to ask about releasing the Linux version of XCOM there, to show the demand for it... the chances might not be good but it's worth a try at least.

Did anyone got a response from Feral about it?

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Neofeud“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts