Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[Tumbleweed][SOLVED] Multiple Visual Novel games broken
Gryxx Apr 12, 2018
List of owned games that does not launch:
ACE Academy
Conected hearts VN
Date Warp
Higway Blossoms
Orion a sci-fi vn
Planet Stronghold
Sakura Angels
Sakura Beach
Sakura Beach 2
Sakura Dungeon
Sakura Fantasy chapter 1
Sakura Nova
Sakura Santa
Sakura Shrine girls
Sakura Space
Sakura Spirit
Sakura swim club
Sunrider
Sunrider Academy
Sunrider Liberation Day

Games that work:
AIRIS
Crystal City
Fault Milestone One
Planet Stronghold(beta)
Red string of fate
Sakura agent

I think it is some library issue (due to updated Planet Stronghold launching), i can play this games if launched outside of steam, just by double clicing .sh
Arehandoro Apr 13, 2018
If you right click on the games and select properties, do you see any difference between the paths in "Target" and "Start in" in the games that start and the games that don't? Perhaps the launcher somehow is not pointing to the start.sh of the games?
Gryxx Apr 13, 2018
I'll check that as soon as i came back home. Although i remember trying to point to launch script in launch options and it didn't work.
Gryxx Apr 13, 2018
Quoting: ArehandoroIf you right click on the games and select properties, do you see any difference between the paths in "Target" and "Start in" in the games that start and the games that don't? Perhaps the launcher somehow is not pointing to the start.sh of the games?

I don't have "Target" and "Start in" in properties.

I've mentioned, i'm launching games from Steam.
robvv Apr 13, 2018
I've had issues with Steam not launching games in the past on Tumbleweed. Are you using the Steam beta client? This seems to fix quite a few bugs for me.
Gryxx Apr 14, 2018
I'll give it a try. I just discovered that after launching witch "STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 steam" some of this games launch properly, i'm not able to test them all now. And even if that "solves" the problem i would like to have it done throught game launch options insted of manualy launchig steam. If that's possible of course.
Gryxx Apr 14, 2018
No, no improvment on beta branch. :(
Spud13y Apr 18, 2018
I've tried this out. You can either 1) set the launch options in the game as RENPY_PLATFORM=linux-i686 %COMMAND% or 2) set the executable command of the icon (or desktop icon or whatever you do it in KDE) as /usr/bin/env STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 /usr/bin/steam %U
Gryxx Apr 18, 2018
Quoting: Spud13yI've tried this out. You can either 1) set the launch options in the game as RENPY_PLATFORM=linux-i686 %COMMAND% or 2) set the executable command of the icon (or desktop icon or whatever you do it in KDE) as /usr/bin/env STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 /usr/bin/steam %U
Thanks! It's working now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.