Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Steam High res scaling
Linuxwarper Apr 19, 2018
I searched the web and even used this page to try make Steam to scale to my high resolution but only thing I managed was temporarily making it work by running steam with the GDK_scale=1 in terminal. I even signed up for participating in beta updates for client.
How do I make it permanent?

QuoteAdded a 2X-scaling mode with high-res text and graphics when running the Steam client in desktop mode on 4k-resolution monitors. You can also force 2X scaling with the "GDK_SCALE=2" environment variable, or disable it with "GDK_SCALE=1".

I tried to locate the environment variable for Steam but failed. Where can I find this variable so I can change it?
Xpander Apr 20, 2018
its under the steam settings and interface:

[

i think you need to opt into the beta client updates (not 100% sure though)
Linuxwarper Apr 20, 2018
Quoting: Xpanderits under the steam settings and interface:

[

i think you need to opt into the beta client updates (not 100% sure though)

After ticking on that box it didn't do anything. Also I had opted in for beta client updates.I also have two Steam icons when searching for Steam. Second one does nothing.
https://imgur.com/a/ZThRA0o
Linuxwarper Apr 20, 2018
doublepost.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.