Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
[Fixed] Notification links
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Apr 26, 2018
Quoting: SalvatosCould it be related to the "Click to view long quote from..." feature? I assume the page loads all content then it gets shrunk with JS, and that throws Firefox off somehow?

Though Ehvis's link above works as expected for me every time and there's long quotes in it too.
Ohhhh, didn't think of that. You may very well be right about that! Interesting, will have to think on how to best solve that one.
tuubi Apr 26, 2018
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: SalvatosCould it be related to the "Click to view long quote from..." feature? I assume the page loads all content then it gets shrunk with JS, and that throws Firefox off somehow?

Though Ehvis's link above works as expected for me every time and there's long quotes in it too.
Ohhhh, didn't think of that. You may very well be right about that! Interesting, will have to think on how to best solve that one.
I think my suggestion to set the scroll position after everything else is done should work. That's not too hard with jQuery or the experimental Element.scrollIntoView() method.
Liam Dawe Apr 26, 2018
Okay, this should now be solved, works with 100% replication in both Chrome and Firefox for me now.

I'm now counting the quotes, once the JS loop has finished, it will then use the scrollIntoView() method :)
Ehvis Apr 26, 2018
Appears to work beautifully now!
Salvatos Apr 26, 2018
Seems fixed for me too! Good job and thanks!
Ehvis May 18, 2018
It appears something got broken again. Clicking the comment links in the side bar now scrolls two far (title and approx. two lines are clipped).

It's fine when you click links from the "see more comments" page though. Apparently the ?page=...#id version broke, but the /comment_id=... version is still ok.
Liam Dawe May 18, 2018
Actually, nothing broke, I just never updated the sidebar :P

Done, fixed.
Ehvis May 18, 2018
Thanks!

Something must have changed though. It worked when you fixed that last problem. Anyway, good to have the permanent solution in there!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.