Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Need feedback on my new installer
MyGameCompany May 11, 2013
I've made some changes to the installer for Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent! Special Edition, and I'd like to make sure it works before I propagate the changes to the installers for my other Linux games.

I changed it to use relative paths for the symbolic links it creates, and I created a new startup script for the game that doesn't use hardcoded paths (to make it easier for people to copy/move the install directory). The new script also preserves the user's existing LD_LIBRARY_PATH and just prepends the directories the game needs (it used to completely replace the LD_LIBRARY_PATH internal to the script).

Please download this new installer and give it a try:
http://mygamecompany.swmirror.com/dirkdashingsetup_linux

It's a graphical installer, so you need to do "chmod a+x" on it before you run it. After install, you can start it via the desktop shortcut or system menu shortcut (if you're on a LSB-compliant distro), or you can cd to the install directory and run the dirk.sh script directly.

Let me know if it works or if you have problems with it! I'd like to release this later this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest, so if there are any issues, it would be nice to know asap.

Thanks,

Troy Hepfner
My Game Company
MyGameCompany May 17, 2013
Thanks! I've worked out a few issues that some folks told me about (like not handling spaces in the install path) and uploaded the final installer. I updated the link above to point to the official release. If anyone encounters any issues with it, let me know!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.