Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Steam Minigame
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
no_information_here Jun 22, 2018
Quoting: AnzaThough it would still be cool to get at least few tiles claimed for one of the Linux groups.
Yeah. At one point yesterday our little efforts got us into second place on that square, but we have now been pushed completely off the list.

Other strategies may come clear over the next day or so, but it looks like our small numbers here won't make a dent. Maybe someone should make a post to r/linux_gaming.
no_information_here Jun 23, 2018
I have now given up on trying to claim any square for GOL. The goal seems to be just to get enough XP to claim the level 6 badge.

Conjecture is that Steam may put some new higher-XP levels in the mix, but the auto-scripts are pretty much mandatory to get enough points right now. Personally, I have now switched to this script:

https://github.com/ensingm2/saliengame_idler

Some discussion here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Saliens/comments/8sywut/background_idler_no_minigame_ui_required_with/

Note - at the time of this writing, that script does not do anything "bad" but always be careful about pasting strange javascript into your browser.
Ehvis Jul 1, 2018
I seem to have stumbled upon the secret of levelling up. I was curious about the boss level and let the script run to see one appear. Then played the boss level manually. I went two rounds through about half the boss health and earned about 350.000 points. Something that the script doesn't appear to do by itself. Not the SteamDB one anyway.
Quoting: EhvisI seem to have stumbled upon the secret of levelling up. I was curious about the boss level and let the script run to see one appear. Then played the boss level manually. I went two rounds through about half the boss health and earned about 350.000 points. Something that the script doesn't appear to do by itself. Not the SteamDB one anyway.
The author of the script I linked to is away on holiday and so hasn't updated it for the bosses. I switched over to xPaw's PHP script which works well, but takes more setup.

Got my 6th badge now, so I am happy.
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2018
Quoting: no_information_hereValve definitely won't be running out of planets!

https://store.steampowered.com/saliens

Minigame subreddit, in case anyone cares:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Saliens/

I told you dude it happened they ran out of planets LOL :P
Quoting: chancho_zombieI told you dude it happened they ran out of planets LOL :P
That is hilarious.
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2018
Quoting: no_information_hereI have now given up on trying to claim any square for GOL. The goal seems to be just to get enough XP to claim the level 6 badge.
I got my badge without scripts, real effort there.:P
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2018
check, wonder what's up in that square
Koopacabras Jul 4, 2018
the boss is going down man. I was the only none bot, I can tell because I was throwing bombs and other weapons other than the salien special. Basically I was leading all those bots into victory, throwing freeze, space bombs, meteors and stuff. IMAO:P

by the way that meteor on the head is mine, it can be considered that it gave him the final touch.:P

see that hole in the helm

Koopacabras Jul 4, 2018
normal battles were boring, but the final one was epic.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.