Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Steam Minigame
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
tuubi Jul 4, 2018
I played a single battle on most planets for the chance to win a free game (didn't win of course). I actually happened upon three or four of those boss fights just by checking in a few times a day to see if there are new planets. I'm not sure if the other players were bots or if every player just got a different view of the battle.
dpanter Jul 4, 2018
Am I the only one who thought this whole thing was a massive pile of, well, shit. :S:
Quoting: chancho_zombie
Quoting: no_information_hereI have now given up on trying to claim any square for GOL. The goal seems to be just to get enough XP to claim the level 6 badge.
I got my badge without scripts, real effort there.:P
Well done. You have more patience than me.

Interesting that they let the last planet go overtime so that we were able to clear them all.

Edit: I was hoping for 100m XP again but 67,949,541 will do just fine.
Ehvis Jul 5, 2018
Quoting: chancho_zombiethe boss is going down man. I was the only none bot, I can tell because I was throwing bombs and other weapons other than the salien special.

I'm not so sure the those attacks were the actual attacks from other players. I played a couple of boss fights and never saw a special attack that wasn't mine. No proof though. From what I understand from the commit logs, the boss fights gave you 2400 XP per second and they made the scripts do as little damage as possible in order to actually make the boss fights longer.
g000h Jul 5, 2018
Browsing the Steam store and opening / viewing the discovery queue was irritatingly slow for me, throughout the Summer Sale - Particularly during the start and the end (i.e. over the last 24 hours). I did play the Salien game a number of times (to Level 6) but didn't win anything either - other than Intergalactic Trade Cards (which was okay).

During the last 24 hours, I decided to revisit what was on sale before it was all over (not helped by the speed). And, pleased to say - I bought 12 Linux games on sale, including Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, Expeditions: Conquistador, Before The Echo, Run or Die, Crypt of the Necrodancer Amplified DLC. Go Linux!!!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.