Steam Minigame
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jun 22, 2018
here's a different one

github
no_information_here Jun 22, 2018
Oh well. I don't think Steam cares that much. They will probably just change the game so regular people get a chance to play the basic thing.

I wouldn't run that first script since it will just put you in lockstep on the same square with the masses from the other teams. I will have to look at the second one.

Not worth getting too upset over, really.
Koopacabras Jun 22, 2018
Quoting: no_information_hereOh well. I don't think Steam cares that much. They will probably just change the game so regular people get a chance to play the basic thing.

I wouldn't run that first script since it will just put you in lockstep on the same square with the masses from the other teams. I will have to look at the second one.

Not worth getting too upset over, really.

so you are saying once they are done with that galaxy, they will create a new?
I have other things to get upset really . But I can see where this is going real people who actually played the game will start to complain (because they are pasting the scripts on the steam groups). And it shouldn't be too difficult to spot who's cheating just looking at the statistics and finding patterns.
I don't think steam will take this so lightly.
The Gold Helm monster clicker game 3 years ago ended up just being a javascript battle. I have the wormhole badge for joining in that silliness. I think Valve didn't mind as long as "regular" people still got to play the basic game.

I tried your second script link. It seems to be more automated, but I can't be 100% sure that it is reloading the same square I started on. I may just leave it on overnight and check in the morning.

Thanks for the link.
Valve definitely won't be running out of planets!

https://store.steampowered.com/saliens

Minigame subreddit, in case anyone cares:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Saliens/
Koopacabras Jun 22, 2018
I don't remember the gold helm game, I was a steam user but not playing that much at that time. I think this is different because this is more like a raffle to win a game. The gold helm were just points or badges.

But I think you are underestimating Valve sysadmins, after all, what it takes to find the ones using scripts is, grep, awk, and bash.:D

It surprises me that Valve don't give a rat ass. It should be too easy to ban the cheaters.
Except there is almost no advantage to claiming squares. The chance to win the giveaway games is just from spending time on the planet. You don't even have to play the game, just let it idle at the selection screen!

Claiming squares is 100% useless bragging, like most of the other Steam minigames.

Steam even made a custom 100,000,000 point badge for the people who hacked the monster clicker game and maxed out the points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcB_ha7LZq4
Koopacabras Jun 22, 2018
Quoting: no_information_hereExcept there is almost no advantage to claiming squares. The chance to win the giveaway games is just from spending time on the planet. You don't even have to play the game, just let it idle at the selection screen!

Claiming squares is 100% useless bragging, like most of the other Steam minigames.

Steam even made a custom 100,000,000 point badge for the people who hacked the monster clicker game and maxed out the points.

ah ok I see, now I understand :O. Yes I read that even the first to achieve that badge were steam devs.
Ehvis Jun 22, 2018
Quoting: no_information_hereThe Gold Helm monster clicker game 3 years ago ended up just being a javascript battle. I have the wormhole badge for joining in that silliness. I think Valve didn't mind as long as "regular" people still got to play the basic game.

Indeed. Some of the badges, obviously including the level 100.000.000 wormhole badge, were created specifically for those script battles since it was not possible to reach anything close to that by normal play.

edit: I should probably have read beyond that point first. :P
Anza Jun 22, 2018
Quoting: no_information_hereExcept there is almost no advantage to claiming squares. The chance to win the giveaway games is just from spending time on the planet. You don't even have to play the game, just let it idle at the selection screen!

Though it would still be cool to get at least few tiles claimed for one of the Linux groups.

Funny thing about the monster minigame was that starting the game on right time you could end up one of the script heavy groups and as result get pretty high points. I didn't get maximum points though, I have just the 400,000+ badge.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.