Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Basemark GPU Benchmark
Page: «6/8»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
well actually if you look at all my scores with my rx 570 all are them are worse with my 5600 xt. So this benchmark IS BUGGED I stand correct unless, because it's different versions results are not comparable?

check my previous score with my rx570
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
apples to apples same basemark version.

unfortunately the OpenGL benchmark on this version crashes on my hardware.
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
I recommend to not take this benchmark seriously on AMD, and it's not a driver problem, please don't blame driver developers, on SuperPosition benchmark the performance of this 5600xt is more or less what I expected somewhere near a vanilla 1080 or a 1070ti, little less than a rtx 2060.
tuubi Aug 21, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatI recommend to not take this benchmark seriously on AMD, and it's not a driver problem, please don't blame driver developers, on SuperPosition benchmark the performance of this 5600xt is more or less what I expected somewhere near a vanilla 1080 or a 1070ti, little less than a rtx 2060.
I just installed the benchmark from flatpak and ran the official test, didn't bother taking shots because I don't really care about benchmarks as long as all my games run fine. I got a score of around 6500 with OpenGL and just slightly under 8200 on Vulkan with my 5700XT / Ryzen 7 3700X. I suppose the OpenGL test might be hitting some slow paths on Mesa, but a few percent faster than a 1080 Ti on Vulkan seems about right based on the reviews I saw back when I bought the GPU.

Last edited by tuubi on 21 August 2020 at 7:25 pm UTC
Xpander Aug 21, 2020
Ran again

Vulkan: 8280

OpenGL: 10520

Ryzen 3700X/GTX 1080Ti

Last edited by Xpander on 21 August 2020 at 8:01 pm UTC
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
Quoting: tuubiI got a score of around 6500 with OpenGL
well on my system I'm getting about 1500 read my previous posts, slower than a rx570. This is with a 5600 xt.
why is so difficult to admit that the test is bugged on AMD? some system might be fine others not, the previous comparison of a Vega vs my other card a rx570, didn't seem right as well.
But you might be right maybe it's hitting slow _and_ fast paths on Mesa, but for me that's a bug on the benchmark. I hardly can remember the last time I got a bug on Mesa, months for sure, so not a driver problem.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 21 August 2020 at 8:58 pm UTC
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
tried a different kernel (ubuntu mainline) tried different versions of Mesa, also I ran the test on Opensuse and Ubuntu, if it is not a bug in the benchmark I don't know what it is then.
tuubi Aug 21, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
Quoting: tuubiI got a score of around 6500 with OpenGL
well on my system I'm getting about 1500 read my previous posts, slower than a rx570. This is with a 5600 xt.
why is so difficult to admit that the test is bugged on AMD?
Hey take it easy. I didn't say it was working fine. The OpenGL test obviously doesn't give comparable scores for AMD and NVidia, but no complex benchmark is completely hardware neutral. This one apparently less than most. Personally I don't really care. Synthetic benchmarks are somewhat useful for reviewers, but for us gamers they're pretty pointless.
Koopacabras Aug 21, 2020
Also I don't care that much as long as my games work fine. But I got this card today so it seemed a good way to stress it in case it is faulty. But this thread has been going for months and I wanted to be clear that there's some issues with AMD, just in case, the possibility of the benchmark on opengl being flawed is high since I tested different Linux distros, different kernels, different mesa versions, different gpu's. The only thing left is trying the amdgpu pro driver but I'm not going to do that since it would mess up my libGL drivers. And the other superposition opengl benchmark seems fine on mesa, so I suspect the benchmark is flawed.
Vinouch Sep 2, 2020
Some of you can run the basemark benchmark on Windows with Vulkan VS Linux Vulkan ? I really wish to see the score of Vulkan between Windows and Linux on that kind of benchmark. Please

Last edited by Vinouch on 2 September 2020 at 5:38 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.