Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Basemark GPU Benchmark
Page: «7/8»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Sep 14, 2020
Phoronix is reporting that Mesa 20.3 should come with a big boost on Basemark for Navi

tuubi Sep 14, 2020
Quoting: The_AquabatPhoronix is reporting that Mesa 20.3 should come with a big boost on Basemark for Navi
Did he test any of the Mesa releases between 20.0.4 and 20.3? I expect the progress might be more gradual.
Koopacabras Sep 14, 2020
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: The_AquabatPhoronix is reporting that Mesa 20.3 should come with a big boost on Basemark for Navi
Did he test any of the Mesa releases between 20.0.4 and 20.3? I expect the progress might be more gradual.
It's ubuntu 20.04.1 (not Mesa) I think that comes with stock Mesa 20.0.8. But yes maybe Mesa 20.2 should have been tested.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 14 September 2020 at 6:04 pm UTC
tuubi Sep 14, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
Quoting: tuubi
It's ubuntu 20.04.1 (not Mesa) I think that comes with stock Mesa 20.0.8. But yes maybe Mesa 20.2 should have been tested.
Yeah sorry, of course I meant 20.0.8. Don't know why I typed a 4 even after I double checked the version in the repo.
Koopacabras Sep 14, 2020
so I tested with Mesa 20.2rc3 from this repo https://launchpad.net/~ernstp/+archive/ubuntu/mesarc

and results are basically the same so the boost is not coming with Mesa 20.2. (that will probably release in the next days)
Koopacabras Sep 14, 2020
so looking at the phoronix benchmarks with a 5600 xt he gets 80 fps on average with Mesa 20.08 I get 14fps on the same settings, so I was not ranting without cause, sorry if I annoyed anyone but this benchmark is totally broken in my system. (sorry if I'm annoying someone with the same thing again)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 14 September 2020 at 10:29 pm UTC
CatKiller Sep 15, 2020
Posting some results here, since I did in the other thread.

CPU: Ryzen 2700X
GPU: RTX 2080 Ti

OpenGL: 12,653

Vulkan: 13,164

Sorry it's broken for you, Aquabat.
Wimpress Sep 26, 2020
Specs

Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC running at stock on Ubuntu 20.04.1 with an Intel Core [email protected] all core and DDR4@3600Mhz with tuned sub memory timings.

Vulkan

OpenGL

samurro Dec 23, 2020

Koopacabras Dec 24, 2020
I think the issue with my card was fixed in current git. Might be as well the same issue I had with Desperados III.
57 fps on average that looks more normal than my previous 14fps on average.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.