Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Prices on AMD GPUs normalized
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jun 24, 2018
If anyone is interested, it looks like prices on AMD GPUs have dropped recently to normal levels (for instance on AMD Vega). I suppose cryptocurrency mining craze is over, so now is a good time to upgrade your card if you need.
Xpander Jun 24, 2018
Not here sadly. Vega 56 is 600€ + and Vega 64 is same price as GTX 1080 Ti, 725-850€

Vega 56 isn't really a upgrade for me either though. Waiting for next gen
mt7479 Jul 16, 2018
I could get a PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil for 609 €, initial price was 559 €.

https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1511340918

Not in desperate need for an upgrade but i would not be very sad if I could ditch my GTX 770.
Next gen is supposed to drop mid 2019 and high end sometime later ?
Shmerl Jul 16, 2018
It's not very clear, but supposedly 2019, yes.
mt7479 Jul 16, 2018
So what do you say ? That bios feature seems kind of neat, the card would fit my case if I remove the unneeded HDD carriage. Price seems OK.

Really tempted.
Xpander Jul 16, 2018
Quoting: mt7479So what do you say ? That bios feature seems kind of neat, the card would fit my case if I remove the unneeded HDD carriage. Price seems OK.

Really tempted.
'

its a massive upgrade from GTX 770 for you, so if you are fine for paying that money, go for it. Make sure you have decent enough PSU though as this sucker will need some wattage.

edit: just noticed your pc specs, most likely your xeon will be bottleneck in many games though and you wont even use this GPU to its max unless you play higher than 1080p
Shmerl Jul 16, 2018
Yeah, Vega 64 is quite power hungry. I found that Vega 56 is enough for my needs so far.
mt7479 Jul 17, 2018
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: mt7479So what do you say ? That bios feature seems kind of neat, the card would fit my case if I remove the unneeded HDD carriage. Price seems OK.

Really tempted.
'

its a massive upgrade from GTX 770 for you, so if you are fine for paying that money, go for it. Make sure you have decent enough PSU though as this sucker will need some wattage.

edit: just noticed your pc specs, most likely your xeon will be bottleneck in many games though and you wont even use this GPU to its max unless you play higher than 1080p

Yup, going with a xeon was a fail in the past. I'm planing a complete AMD rebuild though. This might be just the first piece.
mt7479 Jul 17, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlYeah, Vega 64 is quite power hungry. I found that Vega 56 is enough for my needs so far.

Absurdly the powercolor Vega 56 costs 50 € more than the Vega 64.
Shmerl Jul 17, 2018
Quoting: mt7479Absurdly the powercolor Vega 56 costs 50 € more than the Vega 64.

I got Sapphire Pulse Vega 56. Good cooling, but it is still more expensive than it should be.
mt7479 Jul 17, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: mt7479Absurdly the powercolor Vega 56 costs 50 € more than the Vega 64.

I got Sapphire Pulse Vega 56. Good cooling, but it is still more expensive than it should be.

That one goes for 575 € currently, first listed price was 593,80 € and max was at 908,00 € :><:
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.