Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Garry's Mod Beta
Alzarath May 22, 2013
I opened up my Steam to see that Garry's Mod has finally had a (beta) release for Linux. Strangely I've not seen any news source that has posted that it has, probably just didn't look hard enough. Not sure if this is a global release or if it's a select amount of people, but it's there.

Edit: Currently gives an error on startup. All things considered, I have some pretty hefty doubts this is even supposed to be visible yet.
Liam Dawe May 23, 2013
Well Garry has been quite outspoken aghainst Linux so personally I won't be buying it, that and I just don't "get it".
Mike Frett Jun 8, 2013
Yeah just yesterday he tweeted about how poor sales on Linux were, 25 sales I think. I mean, people have probably played his worn out MOD for years now, maybe he should have known interest would have been lost.

I'd rather he not have made it at all. Who cares about his trash.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.