Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Youtube slow on purpose
razing32 Jul 25, 2018
Came across this story.
Apparently there is an API in Chrome , and Chrome ONLY , that makes youtube faster.

https://news.softpedia.com/news/google-said-to-deliberately-make-youtube-slower-on-microsoft-edge-firefox-522098.shtml

Can anyone with more experience in browsers/coding chime in ?
Not sure if this is real or not.
Apparently the responsible API is Shadow DOM v0

(PS Not sure if this is the best topic category)
tuubi Jul 25, 2018
Youtube uses a deprecated API that only Chrome implements, and serves a slow polyfill to other browsers. I don't see how they'd gain more than they lose by slowing their service down for a large part of their user base, so maybe this is just incompetence/idiocy. It sure won't make me consider switching to Chrome. (I use hooktube.com anyway. :P)
GustyGhost Jul 26, 2018
Hooktube no longer mitigates tracking. The interface is still a magnitude faster but if you were in for privacy it's time to consider alternatives invidio.us
tuubi Jul 26, 2018
It would be nice if people used alternative services indeed. I don't intend to produce any content myself, and can't really make that choice for others.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.