Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «5/21»
  Go to:
Comandante Ñoñardo Aug 30, 2018
I played the original Dead Island: Riptide for several hours without issues on the machine listed on my GOL profile.
lucifertdark Aug 30, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoI played the original Dead Island: Riptide for several hours without issues on the machine listed on my GOL profile.
You know the definitive version is Linux Native?
Comandante Ñoñardo Aug 30, 2018
Quoting: lucifertdark
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoI played the original Dead Island: Riptide for several hours without issues on the machine listed on my GOL profile.
You know the definitive version is Linux Native?

I know, but I prefer the original edition.
dvd Aug 30, 2018
I played a bit of GTA San Andreas, it seems to work fine although i haven't completed much of the quests yet. But other than that everything seems to be working.
PlutonMaster Aug 31, 2018
Spore and all it's content is working flawlessly expect the internet game content.
The forest works but there is annoying mouse issue and closing the game causes crashing.
DOOM 2016 starts but keeps stopping in error: cannot find default.cfg

Actually I like this Proton, no need to do separate prefixes for Steam games on Lutris.
Next I'm gonna try Fallout 4 and so on.
lucifertdark Aug 31, 2018
Quoting: Mountain Man
Quoting: legluondunet
Quoting: RhythagorasTropico 4
Installer can't seem to finish the .NET dependency download/install. Game does not launch as result.

.NET install is not supported in Proton and Wine, you can not install games that need it, it's known issues.

That's what Winetricks is for! Maybe Valve will implement "Protontricks".
I installed Tropic 4 earlier (since the updated Proton Beta) & the .NET install went through without problems & the game now works (for me at least).

We need a sticky post somewhere with clear & idiot proof instructions on how to use Winetricks with Proton, I've tried & screwed it up so badly I had to remove Proton & force steam to reinstall it.
ageres Aug 31, 2018
Quoting: legluondunetand you can add your test here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeefaYQduMST_lg0IsYxZko8tHLKe2vtVZLFaPNycyhY4bidQ/viewform
Is there a faster way to add tests? This form doesn't save input and I have to retype my OS/hardware/etc for every game.
ripntime Aug 31, 2018
Quoting: PlutonMasterSpore and all it's content is working flawlessly expect the internet game content.
The forest works but there is annoying mouse issue and closing the game causes crashing.
DOOM 2016 starts but keeps stopping in error: cannot find default.cfg

Actually I like this Proton, no need to do separate prefixes for Steam games on Lutris.
Next I'm gonna try Fallout 4 and so on.
tonR Sep 2, 2018
The Sims 3: worked!

Read on compability sheet that someone bypassing the launcher. I'm trying it and working well by Linux standard. Here's my notes posted there (probably tommorow they'll update the sheets).

QuoteYes, bypassing the launcher as suggested here before works as intended. Game "gamma" are a bit dark, but not unplayable dark, probably due to Mesa driver problems or game problem. Just need adjusting monitor brightness and you good to go.

To bypass the launcher (refined for Linux newbie):
1. Open The Sims(TM) 3 "Bin" directory in Nautilus/File Manager (default is on /home/yourusername/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/The Sims 3/Game/Bin)
2. Find Sims3Launcher.exe and rename it to SimsLauncher.exe.old
3. Open "Bin" directory in Terminal and create a symlink to TS3.exe by typing either "ln -s TS3.exe Sims3Launcher.exe" or "ln -s Sims3Launcher.exe TS3.exe"
4. You're good to go. Enjoy!
Sputnik_tr_02 Sep 3, 2018
Another set of games i was able to run:

• Borderlands
Video

Game runs out of the box. I didn't have any issue.

• Dishonored
Video

Also runs out of the box without any issue.

• Mass Effect
Video

This one needs a quick fix for audio but other than that no issues. Refer to here for the fix.

• Mass Effect 2
Video

This one did not need sound fix and worked out of the box for me.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.