Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «11/21»
  Go to:
g000h Sep 13, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: lucifertdarkHere's a run down of games I have, tried with Proton & that don't work at this time, it's quite a long list but nowhere near as long as the one with games that do work for me, there may also be a few that do work but I haven't tested them myself yet, the list is a couple of days out of date I think.
Some native games you might want to drop from the list:
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Enclave
Eufloria
Fishing Planet
Hack 'n' Slash
Hacknet
Kill Fun Yeah
klocki
Orborun
PUSH
Q.U.B.E.
Ricochet
Robocraft
Scrap Garden - The Day Before
Super Crate Box
Super Splatters
Super Time Force Ultra
UFHO2
War for the Overworld
Zenge

Yes, I noticed a couple of native Linux games on your list, as well, e.g. Enclave.

Also noting that you had a non-working experience for "Runestone Keeper" whereas for me and my setup, it worked perfectly, no problem. Based on that, I'd expect others to work for me, where they're failing for you. Shame about consistency across platforms. (I'm on Debian 10 Buster with Nvidia graphics.)

Impressed at how prolific you are in your compatibility testing!
lucifertdark Sep 13, 2018
Thanks guys, fresh set of eyes catch what I missed, funny thing is I've actually played them all & should have seen them included on the list.
wojtek88 Sep 13, 2018
@lucifertdark what issue do you have with DiRT 3 Complete Edition? Could you report it here?
Quoting: wojtek88@lucifertdark what issue do you have with DiRT 3 Complete Edition? Could you report it here?
I've had a look on github & it looks like it might now work with Proton 3.7-6 so i'll give it a quick blast & see what happens. Been out most of the morning at another in the long line of hospital appointments for my missus, getting old sucks. ;)

edit: I followed the workaround to replace the nvapi files & it's working, why is it every time I play driving games I go off the track on the first corner? I can drive in the real world & have never gone off at the first corner. :D
Comandante Ñoñardo Sep 13, 2018
I tried The Watchmaker DEMO and it doesn't work..
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoI tried The Watchmaker DEMO and it doesn't work..
I used the PROTON_NOESYNC=1 command & got as far as clicking on the play button in the game menu then it crashed.
sr_ls_boy Sep 13, 2018
lucifertdark,

What was the problem with 'Sniper Ghost Warrior 2' ?
That games for me always worked.
Quoting: sr_ls_boylucifertdark,

What was the problem with 'Sniper Ghost Warrior 2' ?
That games for me always worked.
That's one of the odd ones that's got me scratching my head, the game starts just fine, the training part works, but trying to get into the full game gives a Black screen. I should add that I tested it on Proton 3.7-3 & haven't tried it on this latest Beta version 3.7-6.

Well that was easier than I thought it would be, all I had to do was use winecfg to set emulate virtual desktop & bob's your uncle another working game. :D
legluondunet Sep 15, 2018
Batman Gotham City GOTY finally works on Proton with a little tweak:
Proton is set to Window 7 per default.
So when you launch the game, Steam try to install .Net 3.5 and it failed, this .Net version can not install on Proton, for the moment.
If you set your Proton OS to Windows XP, Steam will install .Net 2.0, this version install ok on Proton but it takes time, more than 20 mn said some users.

How to set Proton OS from Windows 7 to XP?
In a terminal, write this command:
WINEPREFIX="/home/your_profil/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/200260/pfx" winecfg
or
WINEPREFIX="/home/your_profil/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/200260/pfx" winetricks winxp

If you want to show DXVK infos in game, right click on Batman game in your library, properties, general tab, launch option and type:
DXVK_HUD=version,devinfo,fps %command%

GG
legluondunet Sep 15, 2018
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition finally works on Proton with some little tweaks:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1474

Two more games I can delete from my Steam wine prefix.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.