Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group 2000
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Xpander Sep 9, 2018
League Website: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/85340/gol-4fun

Season Completed
[

Every Event has 4 long stages.
Service Area after every stage
Checkpoint after every 2 stages.
Car tuning after every 2 stages.
Weather is default on every stage (Midday/Sunny or in case of UK (Midday/Cloudy)
Restarts not Allowed
Car restrictions for Group 2000 cars
Every event lasts 1 week (plenty of time to get some times in)

Smooth Driving!

Sweden:
[

Monaco:
[

Finland:
[

Germany:
[

Greece:
[

UK:
[

League Standings:

1 Xpander 133
2 Skully 105
3 tuubi 67
4 Starving 50
5 Pharos 48
6 Meneghedson 47
7 Fakeman Pretendname 32
8 Redface 28
9 Hents 28
10 arnvidr 18
11 rLy 6
12 Ananace 4
13 lordgault 2
tuubi Sep 11, 2018
Some spins here and there, and I think I was briefly upside down on a snowbank, but overall I managed to get through my least favourite event just fine. I didn't set any records, but at least my random choice of car seemed to work out. I've stubbornly stuck with the Citroën in previous 2000's races just because that's the only car in this class I "own", but even with the default setup the Focus 2007 just felt so much easier to keep pointing in the right direction. YMMV.
Arnvidr Sep 11, 2018
Lots of spins here and there, and a general feeling of defeat throughout. Don't think I was mentally up to the task yesterday, and when I fairly early in the first stage got stuck on top of a snowbank, leading to an early time penalty, I was pretty depressed throughout.

Good driving in stage 2 despite the trouble, but I ended up losing more than a minute to tuubi in the last two stages.
Xpander Sep 14, 2018
Sweden done. Didn't get the car behave to my liking. On the icy/snowy parts it was understeering on the gravel/snowy parts it was oversteering. Wheel was pretty nervous, so i didn't really feel like pushing much cause it was pretty unstable to my liking. On the plus side, compared to R4 we drove last time, the speed was there and i enjoyed the acceleration. Overall not many mistakes, 1 spin and 1 wrong start.

S1: Clean
S2: Spin
S3: False start +10 sec
S4: Clean
tuubi Sep 16, 2018
The first event ended a bit early? Hopefully nobody was planning to do it today.
Xpander Sep 16, 2018
Quoting: tuubiThe first event ended a bit early? Hopefully nobody was planning to do it today.

whoops, probably a mistake on the calendar click then. As i have said before, the website for setting up events is stupid and there are so many clicks to make, so its easy to make mistakes. Also you have to be fast with the clicks, otherwise the website will log you out and you have to start everything from scratch again.
tuubi Sep 22, 2018
My Monaco run was going decently if not brilliantly, but it ended in a weird DNF on the last stage. I say weird because only the back end of the car was slightly off the road and I was already getting back on track when it happened. Oh well.
Xpander Sep 22, 2018
Monaco done. Went pretty good overall.

Summary:

S1: Half-Spin at the hairpin
S2: Clean
S3: Clean
S4: Crash into snowbank + spin
tuubi Sep 27, 2018
My Finland run was a typical crashfest despite trying to play it safe, but somehow I survived without a puncture. A roll on the last stage ended up leaving me stuck against a tree and led to a penalty.
Xpander Sep 27, 2018
https://store.steampowered.com/app/690790/DiRT_Rally_20/

please Feral make the Linux port! Day 1 would be amazing.

Could use some new tracks badly :)

Anyway, i dunno when i will be able to run this event. Hopefully on the weekend.
tuubi Sep 27, 2018
Quoting: Xpanderhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/690790/DiRT_Rally_20/

please Feral make the Linux port! Day 1 would be amazing.

Could use some new tracks badly :)
74.99€ to get access to all the tracks and cars? Uh... No hurry Feral. Not like I could afford it until it's at least 70% off. Looks cool though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.